New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by 27th_Faktory
    bkt wla yun ASTON MARTIN dyan????
    aston martin doesn't have a roadster in its line-up.

yes, it has top down variants in its DB line-up but it is properly classified as a cabriolet.

=======

timeless talaga ang porsche! btw, its looks doesn't even look dated (the boxster debuted way back 1997) yet. and the new boxster is already in the works (and will probably come out next year so as not to steal the limelight from the 997 launch).

even though countless other cars can accelerate faster and lap quicker than a boxster (like the evo viii or the 350z), but porsche still has the best driving experience.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    totoo nga bang 2.7M lang ang boxster dito sa pinas?? mas mahal pa ang 350Z kung ganun hehehe....

pero ang powerful ng nissan noh... parang ang sarap ihataw. but then pag class ang pag uusapan, porsche pa rin hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako, i'd take the boxster siguro, even if i do love the TT a lot...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bring on the Boxster hehe!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the Z4 has a harsh ride?
    apparently the run-flat tires used by BMW in all of its Z4s are the culprit in the "ride" story. here's a quote from the magazine:

"the run-flats are self-supporting and heat-resistant and mount on positive-retention wheels.after losing pressure,these can be driven on at a maximum 50mph for up to 90 miles.but the penalty is a full-time one:a choppy ride and lots of impact harshness with a suspension already short on travel"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by sikuya
    apparently the run-flat tires used by BMW in all of its Z4s are the culprit in the "ride" story. here's a quote from the magazine:

"the run-flats are self-supporting and heat-resistant and mount on positive-retention wheels.after losing pressure,these can be driven on at a maximum 50mph for up to 90 miles.but the penalty is a full-time one:a choppy ride and lots of impact harshness with a suspension already short on travel"
    i've had a lot of seat time in a Z4 and have to disagree with the testers. it isn't as cushy as a 745li but still wonderfully firm and precise without being harsh.

a member on here (forgot his exact s/n) has a full schnitzer-ized Z4. maybe we can ask him how harsh his ride is on super-low profile tires?

although i will have to agree that run-flats do make a difference in ride harshness. on the mini cooper, i noticed from test drives that there is a noticable difference in ride quality between the run-flat tires and aftermarket, non run-flat tires.

however, i still wouldn't call the ride harsh. jmho.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Boxter for me, give me 10 years more to buy the latest model. :car:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm curious, any idea how much is the going rate for a 2nd hand Porsche Boxter or Boxter S? I'm thinking since its been around here for years na, price might be a bit "reasonable" already.

I remember 1st seeing it during my college days (like 5 years ago) and the non-S Boxter was like 4.5M brand new. Even though its been around for like 8 years already, I think the Boxter has that classic car appeal.

Btw, I test drove a Z4 matic last week and its a blast to drive. Just the right power with excellent handling but medyo matagtag ang ride which is understandable since you sit quite close to the ground. Personally, di ko sobrang type ang design cuz rear seems too short and interior quite simple (no offense to the Z4 owners or fans).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    driving experience and class? porsche parin. speed and race? 350Z na!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Audi TT as 2nd? I wouldn't think so... I'd put it fourth!

Are the reviewers septagenerians? They put the "handling" cars lower on the bracket because of "ride"... which is the only reason I can think of that they'd put the TT that high up.

But no question about the Boxster being first... :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
top-down 2-seat roadsters:the players & the poseurs