New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Thats why we ask for free alarm and door lock sa casa even if its cheaper outside... dahil sa waranty...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i asked our service advisor sa mitsubishi fairview, using biodiesel WILL NOT void the warranty. pero i have been hearing conflicting opinions from other casas about biodiesel, some say it would void the warranty.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sabi ng friend ko.. kung ayaw mo ng problema pagdating sa warranty..

ang ginagawa lang nya.. nagbibigay sya ng tip as much as P500 sa service advisor every visit nya sa casa..

ung mismong service advisor nya na ang nagrerecommend ng warranty to replace parts kaagad..ehehe

well works for him..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by IceT
    I'll probably do the same thing. Antay ng konti, while testing the car thoroughly. Medyo nakakatakot nga lang kasi walang alarm yung car for the meantime.

Re: kind of alarm. I'm doing my research now. Autopage/Clifford looks good, but I need to do more thinking. Baka naman hindi ko kailangan yung extra features. Sayang lang. Kung basic features nga lang, baka Code/Cobra/Venom pwede na. Okay naman daw ang mga ito. Anyway, mahaba pa naman ang panahon ko eh.
    nakakatakot talaga so you have to pick your spots on where you park and where you go... and besides, you have a new car so most likely you'll be parking it on safe grounds hehe alaga pa kase bago hehehe

minsan kase, keyless entry lang ang stock sa kotse which is like bitin hehe. Clifford maganda. even the base model clifford is ok. yun kinuha is the g3 or g4 model(i forgot), di ko rin nagagamit yun ibang features. basta may shock sensor, panic alarm and the usual features found on other brands ok na ako hehe. gusto ko sa clifford yun soft chirp hindi irritating yun sound. mahal lang clifford. Code alarm ko dati nasira, a circuit got fried or something it was irripairable... but that was several years ago back in 98 or 99

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997
    Thats why we ask for free alarm and door lock sa casa even if its cheaper outside... dahil sa waranty...
    A friend of mine made a good point about this. Well, as a general observation, stock sound system is not good enough. Most probably, one would change, at least, the head unit (specially if it doesn't even have a CD player) . Doing this will void the electrical. Then, he continued, why ask casa to install an alarm at a higher price, when you're going to install an after-market sound system as well. Oo nga naman!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    sabi ng friend ko.. kung ayaw mo ng problema pagdating sa warranty..

ang ginagawa lang nya.. nagbibigay sya ng tip as much as P500 sa service advisor every visit nya sa casa..

ung mismong service advisor nya na ang nagrerecommend ng warranty to replace parts kaagad..ehehe

well works for him..

Ah.....I don't get it . Are we talking about warranty claims even after installing mods? Or just simple warranty claims without mods?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    minsan kase, keyless entry lang ang stock sa kotse which is like bitin hehe. Clifford maganda. even the base model clifford is ok. yun kinuha is the g3 or g4 model(i forgot), di ko rin nagagamit yun ibang features. basta may shock sensor, panic alarm and the usual features found on other brands ok na ako hehe. gusto ko sa clifford yun soft chirp hindi irritating yun sound. mahal lang clifford. Code alarm ko dati nasira, a circuit got fried or something it was irripairable... but that was several years ago back in 98 or 99
    Medyo OT, pero tanong ko na din, pasensya na. May trunk release ba yung clifford alarm mo? Useful ba talaga? Do you have to deactivate the alarm to do it? In other words, paano ba gamitin yun? In my old car, I don't have a feature like that. What I do is deactivate the alarm (in essence, open the door locks), then open the trunk with my keys. I was thinking baka hindi na kailangan i-deactivate yung alarm(and/or open the door locks) para mas safe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba iba talaga palakad ng dealers. In my case, dami ko aftermarket electrics and electronics na nilagay less than a week after getting the unit (alarm, car phone, upgraded horn, footwell lights, etc.).

Pero hindi ako nagkaproblema sa electrical system ng sasakyan so hindi ko alam kung void ang warranty.

I did have problems with the suspension and interior trim pieces. Pinalitan naman nila. Though matagal ang parts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Kahit windshield wipers pala they note kung nde oem gamit mo... hehe

re: sound system, it would be better to have it installed outside the dealership or install it yourself, you can't mess up your electrical system unless you do something really stupid like putting together the negative and positive wires and turning on the ignition :D, plus if you have it installed in the casa you won't see what they're doin with your ride.

I would take cardo's advice, use the car for several months, if it all goes well you can install mods, chances are if your car runs smooth you won't have any problems in the long run as long you maintain your car. If your car is a lemon problem would pop up almost immediately and often.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Things that could void warranty