New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jesi
    Why do you think they'd give 100k miles and ten years warranty on their cars. If all those cars will break down within the [limited] warranty, the company will go bankrupt. I'm sure they stand by their products to give out such bold warranties.
    1. replacement parts for FREE is way cheaper than building a QUALITY top-to-bottom, from roof to carpeting, attention to detail automobile.

Trust me, Hyundai executives have already figured that out. And you said it yourself, LIMITED WARRANTY.

TRUE COST TO OWN:
    2003 Honda Accord EX 6Cyl 5A/T ($24,061)
    Average Cost per mile: $0.45
    Operating Cost: $-x---------$$$ (Close to zero)
    Depreciation Cost: $-x---------$$$ (Close to Zero)

5 Year total:
    Depreciation, Financing, Insurance, Taxes & Fees, Fuel, Maintenance, Repairs: $33,922

Click Here for More Info for Accord EX

TRUE COST TO OWN:
    2003 Hyundai XG350 6cyl 5A/T ($24,328 less $2,000 rebate)
    Average Cost per mile: $0.54
    Operating Cost: $------x-----$$$
    Depreciation Cost: $-----x-----$$$

5 Year total:
    Depreciation, Financing, Insurance, Taxes & Fees, Fuel, Maintenance, Repairs: $40,165

More Info for Hyundai XG350

After seeing this, would you still pick Hyundai over Accord? Sure Hyundai got better, better than their own product but hasnt stepped up to the competition, yet.

Considering you have the money to burn of course.

Pero kung PhP1.2 ako sa pinas kagaya ng ibang tao, pasalamat pa ako but I may consider buying another brand. Pero ang tanong eh kung worth it nga ba ang Hyundai for that price? For me, it is NOT.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jesi
    OT.
    Pero hindi ko talaga maintindihan eh, when I bought a Nokia cell phone sa Pilipinas noon bakit mas mahal ang made in Finland kaysa sa made in China. Parehong Nokia naman?
    Hindi pa ako nakarating sa Finland and China, but I have a feeling na mas malaki ang cost of labor sa Finland, maybe even the resources are more expensive, and Finland may have a better quality?! Mas mabuti nga ang Nokia, hindi gaya ng ibang manufacturer. For example, yung mga Abercrombie & Fitch na shirt, mostly Made in USA. Ngayon may made in Phils., China, etc. na, pero ang price the same pa din when they were making it here in the US. Di ba dapat bumaba ang price?!

ahhh, CAPITALISM nga naman.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    Hindi pa ako nakarating sa Finland and China, but I have a feeling na mas malaki ang cost of labor sa Finland, maybe even the resources are more expensive, and Finland may have a better quality?! Mas mabuti nga ang Nokia, hindi gaya ng ibang manufacturer. For example, yung mga Abercrombie & Fitch na shirt, mostly Made in USA. Ngayon may made in Phils., China, etc. na, pero ang price the same pa din when they were making it here in the US. Di ba dapat bumaba ang price?!

ahhh, CAPITALISM nga naman.

Yes, I was referring more on the quality issue. I also work in a manufacturing company. I work with Chinese and I have to say, hats off ako sa kanila dahil they really do pay attention to details [specifications and protocol]. And Nokia I believe is an American company[?] as I see a big building here in SV. Either made in Finland or China ang mga iyan, pareho lang specifications ng phone with the same models. So I would go with the Chinese made dahil I know how they work and do their job.

As far as Chinese made technology, hindi siguro dahil the quality may still not be up there yet.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fyi: nokia is a european based company (finland to be exact)

basta naman may quality control ang mga produkto ng mga companies, kahit san pa sila gawang bansa, ok lang siguro.
    Last edited by ssaloon; September 16th, 2003 at 11:44 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    are these cars worth it?

Ferrari 360 Modena for PHP23M
    Ferrari 360 Spider for PHP24.5M

:D

http://www.motorista.com.ph/news/news_061103a.html

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jaise
    are these cars worth it?

Ferrari 360 Modena for PHP23M
    Ferrari 360 Spider for PHP24.5M

:D

http://www.motorista.com.ph/news/news_061103a.html
    if you have the money to burn, then it is. If not, dont dare asking again...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think its better to import these ferraris and not pay the tax. I heard that the tax is around 150-200%. so the price without tax is probably just around 8-10 million. Try to get a DFA exemption to it.

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Originally posted by V-dub*chic
    :bwahaha: :bwahaha: :bwahaha: :bwahaha: :bwahaha:
    and even if they add free oil change for life - I STILL WOULDN'T BUY IT!!!
    What if you buy that Hyundai car and the dealer will offer you....

...FREE Gasoline for life for that car only but for as long as you own it.

...FREE Parts and Service for life for that car only but for as long as you own it.

...FREE insurance for life for that car only but for as long as you own it.

...Oks na oks sa akin yun!

but then again....
    ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll definitely get one if thats the case!

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    dream on Frank heheheh :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Are these cars worth it?