New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiebauer View Post
    ser pano kung napasok ka sa tunnel na mausok, hihina din ba arangkada
    Smoky tunnel? I'm not sure because the authorities wouldn't allow motorists into tunnels that's full of smoke due to the CO and CO2 hazard. Tunnels normally have venting ducts built in (to keep the CO/CO2 level down) unless maybe the tunnel's very short.

I would imagine the engine having lesser pull because that's lesser air and more contaminants being taken in. But don't take my word for it because I haven't driven in one for ages.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 13th, 2008 at 07:18 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    lahat pala tayo nakaka pansin????

di naman kaya ko napapansin sa mga auto ko yung dahil talagang mababagal ang gamit

kong sasakyan??? hindi pa kasi ako nakaka gamit ng 16 valve at mas higit dun

anu kaya yung mga 16 valve na sasakyan nakaka expirience din kaya nun???

natandaan ko lang ang gamit kong 16 valve yung sa tita ko na 1990 model na corolla

kulay grey

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    OT: d ba antukin naman talaga ang revo?
    mismo sir!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    lahat pala tayo nakaka pansin????

di naman kaya ko napapansin sa mga auto ko yung dahil talagang mababagal ang gamit

kong sasakyan??? hindi pa kasi ako nakaka gamit ng 16 valve at mas higit dun

anu kaya yung mga 16 valve na sasakyan nakaka expirience din kaya nun???

natandaan ko lang ang gamit kong 16 valve yung sa tita ko na 1990 model na corolla

kulay grey
    kahit ano atang sasakyan ganyan, sir. kaya nakakadagdag ng power ang intercooler, kasi pinapalamig muna nito yung hangin bago higupin ng turbo papunta sa makina.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Cooler drier air----->sinking air----->denser air*. Piston engines love cooler, drier, denser air, turbocharged ones especially.

*Warm moist air is less dense than cooler/drier air.......

I am just wondering if the less dense air while going up the last punishing incline of Marcos Highway on our way to Baguio City was responsible for my turbo giving up on our Starex a couple of years ago..... Because, the idiot lamp for 'check engine' (air and fuel mix generally, based on the van's operating manual) lit up. (I was on turbo all the way up the Marcos highway).

Anyway, I had the van running for a while to cool down the turbo, and then rested it for a while. Started the engine and drove uphill again, as if nothing happened..... Got me concerned, though.

Never had this experience again. No repair nor adjustment done on the engine.....

5101:pcwhack:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    scharnhorst ganun pala ang intercooler sana pala yung may intercooler turbo na lang ang may nabili kong auto

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I am just wondering if the less dense air while going up the last punishing incline of Marcos Highway on our way to Baguio City was responsible for my turbo giving up on our Starex a couple of years ago..... Because, the idiot lamp for 'check engine' (air and fuel mix generally, based on the van's operating manual) lit up. (I was on turbo all the way up the Marcos highway).

Anyway, I had the van running for a while to cool down the turbo, and then rested it for a while. Started the engine and drove uphill again, as if nothing happened..... Got me concerned, though.

Never had this experience again. No repair nor adjustment done on the engine.....

5101:pcwhack:

it depends on how densed the air is.during winter time..my truck picks up an extra 1-3Lbs of boost and that equals to about another 30-40+HP and that equates to my engine running lean * WOT so i either udjust my retad timing or get another tune or just try to stay away from WOT.
    it wont hurt the engine if its just a couple of seconds of WOT butstaying on the pedal buried for a minute or more might break something inside the engine.
    as far as your case...i dont think the densed air did anything to cause the "check engine light" since i doubt that your were redlinging your engine going up the hill.its possible that the turbo was overheating.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Tandaan nyo lang na walang magic sa sasakyan. Me dahilan lahat yan. Kasama talaga environmental/weather variation d2.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [SIZE=3]yup...naexperience ko na din yung ganun...di ko nga alm kng bkit....alaga nman ung auto ko pero minsan tlaga ramdam ko yun...not sure kng ung auto ba o ako ang may problem sa pagddrive..[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
tanung  ko sa lahat ng may sasakyan at nagdidrive???