New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    curious lang talaga ako on this

have you ever swapped your car with another, i.e. straight swap, no cash out, no additional consideration (monetary or otherwise), on an "as is, where is" basis

if you have ever considered it, what are your reasons? and if you did not push through with it, what happened?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, hirap yan.
    most probably, if the owner of the car who wants his car swapped has lots of problems with the unit and will just do anything just to get rid of that car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    imho, hirap yan.
    most probably, if the owner of the car who wants his car swapped has lots of problems with the unit and will just do anything just to get rid of that car.
    bor -- tama ka kung hindi magkakilala ang mag swap. however, if the swap is between good friends and with full disclosure (i.e. complete check up of the units) okay siguro

there are some reasons for a swap like a particular color, set up, plate no, history and personal quirks and preferences

siguro wala pa atang taga tsikot na nakaka subok nito

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My ex-boss has done this. He even asked me to help prepare the Deed of Exchange. He swapped his car, a Silver Tommy Makkinen ed. Evo VI with a new Mini Cooper S owned by a friend of his. Straight up swap. No cash.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453
    My ex-boss has done this. He even asked me to help prepare the Deed of Exchange. He swapped his car, a Silver Tommy Makkinen ed. Evo VI with a new Mini Cooper S owned by a friend of his. Straight up swap. No cash.
    wowowie ang sasarap naman ng mga pinagpapalitan nila

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    wowowie ang sasarap naman ng mga pinagpapalitan nila
    Haha! Actually, he had wanted to keep the Evo. But he said he receives an earful from his wife everytime she rides in it. Brutal ata ang speed and its not really made for comfort. He got lucky when a friend of his was looking for a near mint Evo 6 so hayun. Palit na. My ex-boss was already using the Cooper S for about a month already when he asked me to document it properly.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang alam ko si woodfire may ka-swap 1965 Ford Mustang GT(?) against his BMW E30 M3
    ewan ko lang kung ano ang nangyari

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453
    Haha! Actually, he had wanted to keep the Evo. But he said he receives an earful from his wife everytime she rides in it. Brutal ata ang speed and its not really made for comfort. He got lucky when a friend of his was looking for a near mint Evo 6 so hayun. Palit na. My ex-boss was already using the Cooper S for about a month already when he asked me to document it properly.
    sayang dapat the EVO stays and the wife goes....iswap. joke lang.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    My dad has done this with out asking me if it's a good swap. He swapped our low mileage very good condition 2001 (I think, basta yung unang labas na elite w/ the weird looking mags) with a 2001 din ata na Opel Vectra wagon. Siyempre pinagmamalaki niya kasi ang ganda nung Opel laki nung trunk not knowing na keeping it in running condition would mean paying for expensive parts and having it service every now and then due to weird problems here and there. Okay lang sana kung hindi gaanong sirain eh.. pero sobra talaga. La sanang problema kasi may Cefiro Brougham na kami nun.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by motoro
    sayang dapat the EVO stays and the wife goes....iswap. joke lang.
    mwahahahaha!

pero, huwag naman bro, hehehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
swapping cars?????