New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Pandemic aside...

As the driver and owner of the car... sa harap dapat yung passenger. Unless they're PWD, seniors, children, etc. which I put in the rear for their comfort.

If I'm the passenger, I sit up front if I personally know the driver/owner, as a courtesy. Napaka bastos ko naman kung sa likod ako.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm confused, what do you mean by nothing wrong with sitting at the back? I thought you said kung makikisabay in front? I only sit at the rear if it's the driver
    All I mean is, technically, wala naman meaning if you sit at the back, pero sa culture natin, it just seems off. Faux pas siya sa atin unless of course bata yung sasakay sa likod...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    HINDI. NO. NEIN.

I am absolutely shocked that everyone is okay with rear??? And where are these people that would sit at the rear when it's the owner driving? Is this because of covid only? How about pre covid?

I'd be extremely offended if a person riding with me would sit at the rear leaving me in front like a driver? I've never in my entire life encountered a person like this. Even among my friends, when we'd bring one car lang, we'd talk about who will be dropped off last because that person gets to sit in front.

I also have married guy friends and even if it's just the two of us, I still sit in front (or they sit in front when I am driving) I am also shocked that men let their gfs or wives pussywhip them like that??? It's the first time I've heard that rule

If it's raining and/or it's just a few meters drive, I insist that the person stays in the rear na lang, kasi sometimes something comes up and the person is front has to get off first, but still my passengers would insist on moving in front. Even my own mother would insist on moving in front.
    This makes sense. Pagka intindi ko pag umupo sa likod ang passenger, mukhang family driver yung driver at amo yung nasa rear seat. Now as a passenger na nakiki sakay lang, ayaw mong mag mukhang alalay yung nagbibigay sa yo ng favor.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Kung saan sya masaya, ok lang sakin, tutal mukha naman akong driver talaga survey: passenger seat

Mag mu mukhang driver? Yung SVP namin dati, kung sa labas ng office nya mo makikita, iisipin mo driver ng SVP na inaantay ang boss nya . Maliit, maitim, mukhang sanggano kung pumorma ng tayo, tapos naka barong, parang driver talaga survey: passenger seat

So, wala akong paki kung magmumukha akong driver, I cannot control what others think hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Pandemic aside...

As the driver and owner of the car... sa harap dapat yung passenger. Unless they're PWD, seniors, children, etc. which I put in the rear for their comfort.

If I'm the passenger, I sit up front if I personally know the driver/owner, as a courtesy. Napaka bastos ko naman kung sa likod ako.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    All I mean is, technically, wala naman meaning if you sit at the back, pero sa culture natin, it just seems off. Faux pas siya sa atin unless of course bata yung sasakay sa likod...
    A very huge faux pas. If a person did that to me, I would not want anything to do with him or her. Buti na lang I've never encountered anyone like that in my life

Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    This makes sense. Pagka intindi ko pag umupo sa likod ang passenger, mukhang family driver yung driver at amo yung nasa rear seat. Now as a passenger na nakiki sakay lang, ayaw mong mag mukhang alalay yung nagbibigay sa yo ng favor.
    Yup, etiquette is all about being considerate and that's the reason why

Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Kung saan sya masaya, ok lang sakin, tutal mukha naman akong driver talaga survey: passenger seat

Mag mu mukhang driver? Yung SVP namin dati, kung sa labas ng office nya mo makikita, iisipin mo driver ng SVP na inaantay ang boss nya . Maliit, maitim, mukhang sanggano kung pumorma ng tayo, tapos naka barong, parang driver talaga survey: passenger seat

So, wala akong paki kung magmumukha akong driver, I cannot control what others think hehe.
    Hahaha. But really it says more about the person na uupo sa likod, for me it's bad manners. Kahit pa kamukha mo si Gabby Concepcion at hindi mapagkamalan driver, it's still rude to ride sa rear if it's the owner driving. Honestly I still can't fathom why anyone would even consider that.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 8th, 2022 at 10:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    if you are a passenger.. and walang ibang nakaupo sa harap.. mas proper talaga na sa harap ka umupo.. unless sabihan ka nung driver/owner na sa likod ka na lang..

pero kung driver lang yung nag drive.. not owner.. it's ok na sa back lang..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    A japanese would normally sit at the back in deference to the owner/driver of the car. Cultural thing sa kanila yan.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Kung ako nagda drive, nasa likod mga kasama ko para may lagayan ako gamit ko sa harap, walang issue kung magmukha ako driver. at mas komportable umupo sa likod misis ko at mga anak

Pag ako pasahero nasa likod din ako. Mahirap nasa harap hindi maka diskarte driver ko hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Most cars, mas comfortable sumakay sa front seats vs rear

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Another thing going for sitting in the back is the inherent privacy it affords of being behind the driver. When sitting up front, you're in the open and you'll be hesitant to do things you don't normally want other people to see.... you know, as simple as picking out that booger that's been bothering you or for the ladies, fixing their bras, among other ways of self-grooming, and then some.

Sitting up front is just one way that signals you're not doing anything... weird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast