New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unbelievable! the Mazda MP3 bested the BMW M3 in the subjective slalom, skidpad, confidence factor, and other things... and was just 2 points away from the M3 in the grand total :shock:

an econocar running the slalom at the same pace as a Porsche 911 turbo???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My sentiments exactly, mbt! Pretty good for a front-wheel driver (limited-slip diff notwithstanding), eh!

I read somewhere that a limited edition MazdaSport MP3 is coming out with a Garett turbocharger to give the car a little more "oomph".

How exciting would that be?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...um, torque steer? :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not exactly going to be a Viggen! The limited slip diff should help keep torque steer in check.

If you've ever driven the previous gen Nissan Sentra SE-R, I bet it'll be just like that. Wonderful car, very quick - for a front driver!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    interesting comparo!!! I wonder how the new Mazda3 fares...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    US Spec cars are a bit different from say Asian released cars. First, upholstery materials are different, US spec cars have catalytic converters, abs, multiple airbags, larger engines. I would assume, they use different brand of shocks, brake pads, etc.

So - i would say, the test result is NOT universal.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    unbelievable! the Mazda MP3 bested the BMW M3 in the subjective slalom, skidpad, confidence factor, and other things... and was just 2 points away from the M3 in the grand total :shock:

an econocar running the slalom at the same pace as a Porsche 911 turbo???
    Galing din kasi ng chasis ng Mazda!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Surprise rankings in 11/02 Car&Driver small-car comparo