New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP::: Hahaha!!! Sakto nakunan ko ng permit good for a year or so... :mrgreen:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    pwede bang nbi agent?, im not even sure if he's an NBI, but im sure he's with the DFA or LTO, using a private vehicle complete with blinkers and siren.

I got in trouble last week, winangwang ako on the entrance to SM pero i did not give way, they had there blinkers and wangwang inside the SM parking lot to show their displeasure with what i did. they confronted me and i argued with them, the driver threathened to get my license and tow my car but yung kasama nya said to forget about it nalang. i was already hesitant to argue some more dahil takot ako sa tatay ko and dont want him to know. hehe. argument was about why i did not give way and i totally forgot to raise the question on his use of the siren.

I saw him again today in SM and he had his blinkers on while entering.
    Last edited by knight23; May 3rd, 2006 at 10:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alamko pwede lang mga psg, official police car, ambulance, firefighters.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    baka may emergency meeting sila sa megamall araw-araw.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    MALACAÑANG

Manila

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES

ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 122

DIRECTING ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICES TO STRICTLY COMPLY WITH PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 96 DECLARING UNLAWFUL THE INDISCRIMINATE USE OF SIRENS, BLINKERS OR SIMILAR DEVICES

WHEREAS, the indiscriminate use of sirens, blinkers or similar devices obstructs the efficient flow of traffic along the country’s major thoroughfares;

WHEREAS, the improper use of these devices poses as a safety and traffic hazard to both motorists and pedestrians;

WHEREAS, it is necessary to remind concerned government offices and agencies of the proper use of these devices;

WHEREAS, on January 13, 1973, Presidential Decree No. 96 was issued declaring it unlawful for any owner or possessor of any motor vehicle to use or attach to his vehicle any siren, bell, horn, whistle or similar gadgets that produce exceptionally loud or starting sounds, including domelights, blinkers and other similar signaling or flashing devices;

WHEREAS, under Presidential Decree No. 96, such gadgets or devices may be attached to and used only on motor vehicles designated for official use by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, National Bureau of Investigation, Land Transportation Office, Police Departments, Fire Departments and hospital ambulances;

WHEREAS, in order to serve as an example and encourage the general public to comply with the provisions of Presidential Decree No. 96, government officials and employees not falling within the exceptions provided for therein should take the lead in strictly observing the prohibitions on the use of sirens, blinkers or similar and devices as provided for in Presidential Decree No. 96;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order all government offices and agencies to strictly adhere to the provisions of Presidential Decree No. 96 dated January 13, 1973.

Done in the City of Manila, this 30th day of June, in the year of our Lord, Two Thousand and Five.

(Sgd.) GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO

By the President:

(Sgd.) EDUARDO R. ERMITA
    Executive Secretary

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    PRESIDENTIAL DECREES No. 96 January 13, 1973
    MALACAÑANG
    M a n i l a

PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 96 January 13, 1973

DECLARING UNLAWFUL THE USE OR ATTACHMENT OF SIRENS, BELLS, HORNS, WHISTLES OR SIMILAR GADGETS THAT EMIT EXCEPTIONALLY LOUD OR STARTLING SOUNDS, INCLUDING DOMELIGHTS AND OTHER SIGNALLING OR FLASHING DEVICES ON MOTOR VEHICLES AND PROVIDING CERTAIN EXCEPTIONS THEREFOR

WHEREAS, Presidential Proclamation No. 1081 envisioned, among other goals, the bringing about of a social order characterized by a high state of discipline and order among the citizenry;

WHEREAS, much of the chaotic conditions from which our people have suffered and still continue to suffer are the direct result of indiscriminate and unregulated use of sirens, bells, horns, whistles and similar gadgets that emit exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including domelights and other similar signalling or flashing devices attached to motor vehicles and used on the highways;

WHEREAS, it has been observed that such unregulated use of sirens, bells, horns, whistles or similar gadgets that emit exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including domelights and similar signalling or flashing devices actually impede and confuse traffic, are inconsistent with sound traffic discipline and control on the highways, and in effect constitute a major problem in the maintenance of peace and order;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, pursuant to Proclamation No. 1081, dated September 21, 1972, and in my capacity as Commander-in-Chief of all the Armed Forces of the Philippines, do hereby order and decree:

1. That it shall be unlawful for the owner or possessor of any motor vehicle to use or attach to his vehicle any siren, bell, horn, whistle, or other similar gadgets that produce exceptionally loud or startling sound, including domelights, blinkers and other similar signalling or flashing devices.

2. The gadgets or devices mentioned above may be attached to and use only on motor vehicles designated for official use by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, National Bureau of Investigation, Land Transportation Commission, Police Departments, Fire Departments, and hospital ambulances.

Any device or gadget installed or mounted on any motor vehicle or otherwise used in violation of this decree shall be subject to immediate confiscation and, in cases of a second and subsequent offenses, the offender shall be prosecuted for violation of this Decree before the military tribunal and, upon conviction thereof, shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment for six months and/or a fine of 600 pesos. In addition, the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle on which the unauthorized gadget or device herein mentioned is installed, mounted or used shall be cancelled or revoked.

The Commissioner of Land Transportation shall draw and promulgate such rules and regulations necessary to give effect to this Decree.

Done in the City of Manila, this 13th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-three.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    searched those two articles, im gonna print them and bring them with me where ever i go. if i get into a situation like this, im going to call the police right away.

and the most important part...

such gadgets or devices may be attached to and used only on motor vehicles designated for official use by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, National Bureau of Investigation, Land Transportation Office, Police Departments, Fire Departments and hospital ambulances

follow-up:

how would we know if the vehicle is designated, is it necessary na red plate siya? or have a logo? or hanging an LTO agent id on the rearview mirror?
    Last edited by knight23; May 4th, 2006 at 12:09 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapit bahay ko ngayon may wangwang revo nya. kung hindi din naman sadyang pinanganak na mayabang e tuwing dadating siya imbes na bumaba at pindutin ang door bell, or kung talagang ayaw nya bumaba sa sasakyan nya e mag-busina na lang sana siya, e naku po wangwang ang gamit. di ko masyado pinapansin kaya di ko alam color ng revo (ayaw pa aminin forget ko color, ulyanin na lolo nyo!). pag uwi ko ulit titignan ko color saka plate number. ewan ko lang ha pero once a week meron din pumupunta na ambulance sa kanila. ano kaya yun, delivery ng shabu?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    knight,

Pwede ang NBI. But as with all authorized users, they must use it in the proper venue. May emergency ba sa mall? And kung may emergency bakit may oras pa siyang makipagtalo sa iyo? Sana sumama ka na lang sa kung anong 'emergency' niya. Chances are, fake ang emergency na iyon at mapapahiya lang siya kaya daanin na lang sa sindakan.

By designated dapat nasa official list ng office where he claims to be affiliated with yung sasakyan niya or it should have clearly visible external markings. Not necessarily red plate. Some firetrucks and ambulances are privately owned.

Siguro sobrang yabang lang talaga niyan. Hindi ma-get over na hindi mo siya pinadaan kaya bitter. hehehe.

Yung isa ko ding kapitbahay, puro wangwang yabang. Nissan Patrol na SEK123 ang plaka. Hindi ko din pinapadaan. Alam ko namang pauwi lang ang mokong na yun, eh. hehehe. Baka maglalaba pa o kaya mamamlantsa kaya nagmamadali.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    nakikinig ako minsan ng radio sa a.m. band. may mga announcer na nagtatanggap ng mga text messages reporting people using blinkers and sirens arrogantly. tapos ina-announce nila sa air yung car description and plate number nung mga arrogant drivers. may kasma pang mura at insulto. hehehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
sino lang ba ang dapat may siren?