1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lala31 View Post
    mejo may tikking noise dati parang nawala din
    "baka na-upod na"..?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Anyone tried the Sea Foam Spray?

Thinking of using it to clear up, or at least reduce the carbon build-up in the intake manifold and combustion chamber in my 2kD-FTV Innova..

Carbon actually starts to build up around the EGR valve (below the shutter valve), to the intake manifold, intake valves and into the combustion chamber.

Where do you think I should insert the tube that came with the spray?

1. At the crank case vent hole on the intake hose just before the turbo?
    2. Intake hose just before the shutter valve?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    anyone here tried this na?

normally i don't use additives or stuff like those but i'm thinking about using it on my fd2. reason being is because i peeked into the oil refilling hole recently and i saw a bit of varnishing inside. i guess it's probably normal considering the engine's age and the kilometers it has logged but i'd like to mitigate any future possible problems.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    anyone here tried this na?

normally i don't use additives or stuff like those but i'm thinking about using it on my fd2. reason being is because i peeked into the oil refilling hole recently and i saw a bit of varnishing inside. i guess it's probably normal considering the engine's age and the kilometers it has logged but i'd like to mitigate any future possible problems.
    how about a tankful of caltex with techron, instead?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Ilan kms na na natakbo?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Ilan kms na na natakbo?
    just above 152,000 kms na din bosing. tapos medyo matagal din na tengga sa garahe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It was only when I found interest working on small engines during the pandemic that I realized how popular Seafoam was/is. They use it as a fuel additive, oil additive, cleaning agent, etc. Now, I don't own or have used one so I can't attest to its effectiveness one way or the other but suffice to say, just about everybody in the US owns carbureted small engines use it.

I have also started looking up about preppers and one challenge was how to store gasoline for months or years on end without it going stale or phase-separating. Some use Seafoam for that but the overly popular one is Sta-Bil. I got budol-ed into buying a bottle and I now I have a couple of 20-liter gas containers mixed with Sta-Bil for my backup generator. The generator is dual-fuel capable (gasoline or LPG/propane). LP doesn't go bad like gasoline does but because of the heavy tank, can be cumbersome to work with logistically.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123