New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi, Its my first time washing our car..
    I already bought the micro something towel and a sponge and also car wax.
    I was wondering if I can use joy dish washing liquid and mix it in the water for washing my car? Is it safe? has anyone tried it?

I don't really know the steps on how to wash the car can anyone elaborate to me the steps? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz88 View Post
    I was wondering if I can use joy dish washing liquid and mix it in the water for washing my car? Is it safe? has anyone tried it?
    Hindi po advisable yan kasi matapang sobra yang liquid soap na yan para sa "finish" ng sasakyan natin. Pag yan ang ginamit mo, siguradong mabilis pa sa alas kwatro ang pagkupas ng pintura ng sasakyan mo. Bili ka ng liquid car shampoo specifically for cars. HTH.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Using Joy is not advisable because it may be too strong and may damage the paint clear coat in the long term. Invest in a proper car shampoo and you'll enjoy your car's looks longer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Hindi po advisable yan kasi matapang sobra yang liquid soap na yan para sa "finish" ng sasakyan natin. Pag yan ang ginamit mo, siguradong mabilis pa sa alas kwatro ang pagkupas ng pintura ng sasakyan mo. Bili ka ng liquid car shampoo specifically for cars. HTH.
    ano pong recommended brand ng car shampoo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    also mga gano katagal ung recommended time bago ko iwax ung car ko since kakalabas lng casa not to long ago...since my coating nmn inuapply sa car bago lumabas sa casa.....And do I need to wax the bumbers cause its plastic but has paint....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Nabasa at natutuhan ko sa thread ni Scarnhost....

"dishwashing liquids, such as joy, are grease strippers, and the waxes that protect a car's paint is made up of oils. Using dishwashing liquids will strip these waxes."

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir christmarte hit it right on.

brand? meguiars and mothers are good. microtex shampoo is significantly cheaper than either of them and is quite good for its purpose..

regarding the waxing... more often than not, the cars that roll out of the casa aren't really that fresh from the factory - they've been sitting in stockyards, been in ships, etc... so you can wax (or better yet, seal!) them from the onset.

yup you should wax all painted areas... for the bare plastic, best to use a protectant ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    sir christmarte hit it right on.

brand? meguiars and mothers are good. microtex shampoo is significantly cheaper than either of them and is quite good for its purpose..

regarding the waxing... more often than not, the cars that roll out of the casa aren't really that fresh from the factory - they've been sitting in stockyards, been in ships, etc... so you can wax (or better yet, seal!) them from the onset.

yup you should wax all painted areas... for the bare plastic, best to use a protectant ;)
    what do you mean by seal?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz88 View Post
    what do you mean by seal?
    have the car sealed with a sealant like Klasse or Carlack. These are more durable than most waxes

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ok gamitin joy pangtanggal ng exisitng wax or sealant para mag start ka ng panibagong wax or sealant layer. Next time car shampoo na para di matanggal yung wax or sealant. As for na kukupas pintura pag gumamit ng joy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is it safe to use joy dish washing liquid to wash your car?