New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm planning to change my car seats with aftermarket tuner sport seats. I actually came up with 3 of the most popular brands today namely sparco, recaro and bride.. Through my own "backyard" research, and with the feedback I got from a relative in japan, i kinda dispose of the sparco idea- though it's the most affordable of the 3.

So now I ended up with either recaro or bride. Recaro kasi well known in making oem sports seats for high performance vehicles from Euro's Ferrari, Porshe, to Japan's supercar Nissan GT-R Z-Tune.
    On the Bride's side naman, they are now "in" because of the Japanese Import Tuner Scene. Simply because it's JDM kasi..

So help me naman guys! What's better between the 2 brands in terms of quality and performance. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think depende na sa budget mo and the model you are looking for. but generally, recaro is more high-end than bride even in japan.

but i think its also a matter of personal taste.. the bride looks more "race inspired" while the recaro seats are more comfortable.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Dont settle for less, go with the best. Hey, its your toy make the best of it. Go w/ the R.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Brand new- Recaro used-your choice
    Quality is never cheap

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    both Recaro and Bride are good. but I would pick Recaro, simply since its the "original". Bride, on the other hand is pretty kool and is really popular. but the thing about Bride is that they are not as "exclusive" as Recaro. plus you can buy Bride "inserts" and you can buy them by Foot or Yards, then you can make a whole custom seat covers by just using those Bride inserts.

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Alam mo brand lang yan, they're essentially the same product...go with what your budget allows and what your heart likes.

Personally I think there are too many Recaros. What's wrong with looking different? I've already tried out a friend's Bride seat (forgot which model) and I gotta say the side bolstering is real tight---perfect for racing.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Siguro it's RECARO for me, ang madami dito alam ko is SPARCO... and nowadays BRIDE has also started multiplying. In Japan, even though BRIDE is their local brand, they more prefer RECARO in racing cars or performance cars like you said their only supercar the Nissan GT-R.

Actually, for me the brand din is important coz, iba na ang rep RECARO established over the years so why settle for anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    both Recaro and Bride are good. but I would pick Recaro, simply since its the "original". Bride, on the other hand is pretty kool and is really popular. but the thing about Bride is that they are not as "exclusive" as Recaro. plus you can buy Bride "inserts" and you can buy them by Foot or Yards, then you can make a whole custom seat covers by just using those Bride inserts.

aite, peace.
    Dude, correct me if Im wrong but diba recaro and sparco also has those "inserts"?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    Dude, correct me if Im wrong but diba recaro and sparco also has those "inserts"?
    I think Sparco has inserts as well, but Im not sure of Recaro's though. and Ive been seeing alot of those Bride inserts on almost all show cars that I always see here in Cali. even my friend's '02 WRX show car and his '03 R6 Yamaha has those Bride inserts... thats right, a fricken R6 with a Bride inserts on the bike's saddle (or seat.. whatever those things are called!!)

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    From what I understand the "inserts" are usually foam pieces for lumbar support that came with the LX and other models. Other high end models have electronically controlled lumbar supports. Other seats have bladders that are "pumped" from the side.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    anywayz, heres the one that Im talkin about. you can get these Fabrics for cheap and probably get your whole interior re-upholstered with Bride.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bride...ayphotohosting

aite, peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
RECARO vs. BRIDE