New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for After Warranty Service Insurance

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • P500-P700 a month

2 50.00%
  • P701-P900 a month

2 50.00%
  • P901-P1100 a month

0 0%
  • P1101-P1300 a month

0 0%
  • P1301-P1500 a month

0 0%
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi Folks,

I am doing a quick survey on the possibility of having after warranty service for vehicles sold here in the Philippines. Granting that 70% of new purchases are on financing, how do you want the after warranty service factored in in your monthly amortization to ease the burden of worrying about huge expenses after warranty. Please note that this definitely excludes regular maintenance charges and will only cover those that are included in your warranty (with exceptions of course). In short, it it extending your warranty after your regular coverage has expired. So the question, how much is the acceptable monthly charges are you willing to pay assuming that your car is on a five year financing term. I will be collating the results by 12 noon of Wednesday. Again, thank you for all those who will respond and please let me hear your thoughts about this.

As a japanese car owner, I'd rather have my ride serviced outside the dealership after the warranty expires - its cheaper, service is faster, you can see what they're doing with your car, you can buy parts directly from a distributor which is a big advantage.

It could be different with Euro car owners.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Warranties are good on paper. But try making an actual claim. Too time consuming, too much hassle, too much downtime, too much red tape.

Final answer: NOT willing to pay for extended warranty.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    May nag-aaprub pa ba ng 60 months? :D

So anong covered ng after warranty? Drive train and main engine components? What else?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Premium payments made for extended warranty service during warranty period--No.

During post warranty period--Maybe willing but subject to what the fine prints are or could be, not what consumers are willing to shell out.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    As a japanese car owner, I'd rather have my ride serviced outside the dealership after the warranty expires - its cheaper, service is faster, you can see what they're doing with your car, you can buy parts directly from a distributor which is a big advantage.

It could be different with Euro car owners.
    same lang boss

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Good inputs so far. More replies will be highly appreciated.

Quick Survey on After Warranty Service