New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    update lang.

we really wanted to sell the car even prior to ondoy bec my wife wanted a new car. malas lang talaga at naabutan ng baha.

tried to trade in the car but the best Toyota could give me was 200k even if they were the ones who restored it.

decided to sell it at 100k less than market value. it was sold in less than a week. told buyer its complete history. he knew fully well what he was buying. at least i was able to get more than what Toyota and other buy and sell dealers were offering and got the car off my hands.

as for the replacement, we ended up getting a 1.5 City (over the Jazz, Vios, and Swift). hindi na ako maka-hirit kasi gusto talaga ni misis yung kotse kahit ano pa sabihin ko. oh well. :D

thank you all for the inputs. lots of lessons learned really for sellers and even buyers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    update lang.

we really wanted to sell the car even prior to ondoy bec my wife wanted a new car. malas lang talaga at naabutan ng baha.

tried to trade in the car but the best Toyota could give me was 200k even if they were the ones who restored it.

decided to sell it at 100k less than market value. it was sold in less than a week. told buyer its complete history. he knew fully well what he was buying. at least i was able to get more than what Toyota and other buy and sell dealers were offering and got the car off my hands.

as for the replacement, we ended up getting a 1.5 City (over the Jazz, Vios, and Swift). hindi na ako maka-hirit kasi gusto talaga ni misis yung kotse kahit ano pa sabihin ko. oh well. :D

thank you all for the inputs. lots of lessons learned really for sellers and even buyers.
    congrats! good thing alam ng buyer ung buong history ng kotse. atleast wala kang iniisip.

congrats din sa new car!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Kung di ka naman nagmamadali at di kailangan ng pera, antay ka na lang ng tamang buyer. 50-80k discount would be good enough for a fully restored flooded car. Be honest at Be patient.
    The problem of bidding time and waiting for the right buyer is the car depreciates by itself yearly even if you dont use it. At the accepted computed average yearly depreciation of 20% I think you stand to loose more. This and the annual increase of a brand new car I think are the reasons you are correct in disposing you car soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
question on selling an Ondoy car