New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung minsan mas ok pa bumili ng 3rd or 4th hand car kasi yun sigurado madami na pinagadaanan, matibay

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I am not sure how... I'll try to get the full court ruling regarding this.

Baka naman yung seller na rin ang nagsabi na alam na niyang may defect yung transmission when he was called to testify.
    i heard this on the radio. hindi ko din alam ang kumpletong storya pero ang naaalala kong sinabi sa radyo: dealer ng mga second hand cars ang seller plus abogado ang nakabili. also, it took something like 4 or 5 years (IIRC) ang kaso bago nadesisyunan ng korte. i'm not sure kung subic ata ang pajero pero parang ang pagkakaalala ko e subic nga ata.

i think the landmark case would apply to dealers of second hand cars.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    kung me warranty nmn ba yan nung binili eh di ibalik mo. hehehe! yan ang mahirap sa used car na old model na.. dapat yung pinambili mo eh down u na lang sa Brand New di wala ka problema..

anyway, ask mo na lang kung pwd ipaaus ng pinagbilhan mo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mas maganda na siguro na paunti unti ko ng ayusin to... unahin ko na yung tagas at overheating... siguro pa overhaul ko na radiator and check fan and hoses.

Wala naman na nothing to fix na sinabi sa akin ng seller e... medyo may hint na kami may problem dahil sa mura lang pero di namin ini-expect na marami pala....

Nagmamadali din kasi utol ko... excited e!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ganun talaga ang risk pero sana hindi nagmadali utol mo... paayos monalang yan muna. it would cost you pero once makita na ninyo na tip top shape uli siya youre gonna be proud of it.

101 of beginning to love your car.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    No, hindi mo na pwede isoli. Those units are sold on an as-is where is basis as previously posted. If you just bought it, you can probably sell if for the same price or even a little higher tomorrow afternoon.

I've never had a brand new car (except for that Kia van back in '98) so I can pretty much tell you that there is no perfect 2nd hand car that are just 'ride and drive' from the time you buy it. You have to invest time and money (especially time) in fixing whatever little problems it may have.

To give you an idea, oil leaks are not the end of the world. An SUV we got had a bad oil leak. Of course, money has changed hands already and there is no way we can return the unit. We called up the seller and told him about the problem and that if he knows about this or any other issues about the vehicle, that he should come clean since we have already paid for it and just want to get it fixed. Turns out he was surprised about the problem and asks us to meet up with him, he takes us to the dealership where he has a contact and relates the problem. The leak was solved. Of course, it was no longer at the expense of the seller but at least he went out of his way to help.

Overheat - the Vitara we got for my commander's brother had this problem. Of course, the unit could not be returned anymore. Just did a little investigative work. Since the new owner was willing to spend on solving the overheat problem, I had the thermostat and water pump replaced. Also had the radiator overhauled. In the end it was a faulty radiator cap that was causing the problems (the OEM radiator cap would not fit on the modified radiator installed by the previous owner).

Underchassis work can be done in a day or so. Just shop around. Avoid some shops that do 'shotgun' treatment (palitan na lang lahat) for underchassis problems otherwise, you'll spend a lot. Shortly after I got my former '96 Pajero (back in '01), I was immediately greeted by Php10,000 worth of underchassis repairs. Remove everything from your car (jack, tools, spare tire, loose items, stuffed toys, and other debris) so that diagnosing the problem can be easier. A loose spare tire or jack handle can sometimes be misinterpreted as a suspension problem.

As for your stereo, baka Pioneer with detachable face plate iyan. The contacts on those things (the gold plated contacts between the body and the faceplate) can get loose over time and cause the stereo to shut off kapag nalulubak or when you are adjusting it.

Nangyari na din sa akin yung overheat. Inis na inis nga ako kasi kung ano ano ginawa ko yun lang palang goma sa radiator cap tumigas na. grrr!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mas madali nga ipanalo yun kasi dealer. Other than baka may short warranty yun, I'm sure may presumption of reasonable investigation yung dealer kung may sira o wala yung mga tinda nila.

Even then though -- 5 years?! Kung naka-mura ka, yung natipid mo, sa repairs dapat gamitin yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung magaling ka din naman dumiskarte sa repairs, hindi ka pa din naman masyado malulugi and you'll still end up with a dependable car in the end.

Step by step lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Kung magaling ka din naman dumiskarte sa repairs, hindi ka pa din naman masyado malulugi and you'll still end up with a dependable car in the end.

Step by step lang.
    Precisely the reason why some people are better off with good, 2nd hand cars. Wala ng large initial depreciation, they get great rides at a bargain pa. Kesa naman doon sa mura nga na new, parang sardinas naman kayo sa loob.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IMO, buying 2nd vehicles with tight budget--you just have to live with it...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Pwede ba balik auto sa nagbenta?