New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys,

tomorrow i'll be driving for the first time from Manila to Bicol. My car is a honda city 2008, quite new, around 3 months. The trip to bicol is expected to be around 10-12 hrs.

Since it'll be my first time to do a long drive, can you help advise on what things i need to check on my car before driving? Any preparations i need to do, anything i need to buy in preparation, etc. So far, there's nothing wrong with my car. Your expert advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Best Regards, Merry christmas!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Standard na ginagawa ko for a long road trip

Tires:
    1. Tire pressure
    2. Tire nuts
    3. spare tire pressure

Engine:
    1. Water level
    2. Oil level
    3. steering power fluid level
    4. Water reservoir level
    5. brake fluid level
    6. washer fluid

Electrical
    1. Headlights
    2. signal lights,
    3. tail lights
    4. hazard lights
    5. wiper and washer

Trunk
    1. spare tire(although this is covered in Tire checking)
    2. jack
    3. basic tools(pliers, screwdriver)
    4. Early Warning Device
    5. At least a liter of water(just in case)
    6. a small container of brake fluid
    7. baggages
    Interior
    1. Seatbelt
    2. seat position
    3. some candies (very useful for long drives)
    4. cd's(not all should be mellow music lest you want to get sleepy)
    5. Map of your destination
    6. passengers(if present)
    But since your car is new, you may not need to check all of the above but no harm in doing all the checking though...
    you might also want to check for hotline of your insurance, or towing service provided by your insurer or dealer.

And also you may want to check the weather(not necessarily from our very reliable PAGASA ), your possible pitstops (rest points).

Have a safe and pleasurable drive....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since it's a brand new car, I would only worry about the tires, baka mabutas during the trip but for mechanical, electrical I don't think you will have any problem.

happy trip na lang saiyo

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    and also mentally and physically pala...
    wag magpuyat before the scheduled trip....
    try to be focus on the road at all times......
    hands-free gadgets for your cellphone will come in handy....but syempre,priority is to stop in a safe, well lighted and guarded area if you need to answer the phone....even if you have hands-free, your attention will still not be 100% on the road....better yet, if you have someone with you, let them answer your cellphone....wear comfortable driving foot wear din....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - flashlight and spare batteries
    - coffee in a spill-proof coffee mug (yung thermos cup)
    - some candy, like fox's or kopiko. helps keep you awake
    - rags, and soap for cleaning your hands in case you need to change a flat tyre. i always keep a pair of gloves in my toolbox also, keeps the hands from getting dirty and iwas paltos.
    - toilet paper! and immodium na din hehehe!
    - your first aid kit - band aid, alcohol, cotton, gauze, at ano na nga ba name nung nasa green plastic bottle pang-linis ng wounds?

and last but not least...
    - permit to carry, and check that velcro under the seat to keep your gun holster in place

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont forget to eat at Gumaga, yun kainan sa may dagat or lake ba yun sa tapat. aling lita's yata yun. basta yun yung lagi puno ng costumer. Enjoy the scenery wag magmadali

bring lots of Cd's/mp3's. wala radio AM/FM signal na maganda sa bundok.
    Last edited by sequoia; December 24th, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    since the car is practically brand new, just check on emergency kits, the tire pressure, and of course, a lot of gas!

happy trip na lang sir and drive safely!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Aside from those things mentioned above, don't forget to bring a camera. When you want to stop for a rest or whatever, take a shot of your car. Or if the scenery is just lovely, you can take a pic of your car against the scenery. You can vary the angles..

Have a nice and memorable trip

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    at ano na nga ba name nung nasa green plastic bottle pang-linis ng wounds?
    Povidone-iodine (Betadine)?

Mukhang everything is already covered..... ah, meron pa... road map if you are not that familiar with the place and don't forget mga emergency hotline numbers, just in case.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sir Kerf, my family and I will be going to Bicol region as well . It will be a long drive as we will be coming from Baguio all the way to Sorsogon. My first time also to drive from manila to Bicol.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Preparation for long drive to bicol