New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir ingat lang pagdaan sa "bitukang manok"--the winding road at the border of Quezon and Camarines Norte.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kerf View Post
    Hi guys,

tomorrow i'll be driving for the first time from Manila to Bicol. My car is a honda city 2008, quite new, around 3 months. The trip to bicol is expected to be around 10-12 hrs.

Since it'll be my first time to do a long drive, can you help advise on what things i need to check on my car before driving? Any preparations i need to do, anything i need to buy in preparation, etc. So far, there's nothing wrong with my car. Your expert advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Best Regards, Merry christmas!
    travelled many times from manila to sorsogon and back and here's my share of advice:

check the following:
    1. tires and pressure incl. spare tire
    2. brakes
    3. cooling system (radiator, hoses, coolant, fans, etc.)
    4. drive belts

also dont forget to drink lipovitan or red bull before the trip para di antukin. rest after every 3 hours of driving. try to leave manila early in the morning around 4-5 am to avoid traffic in the following areas-slex, san pablo, tiaong, candelaria, pagbilao. if you're going to take quirino hiway ingat lang masama kalsada kawawa kotse. bigla na lang bubulaga lubak. di bale mabagal ka dun di naman laspag kotse. it will take about 2 hours on the average to cross from tagkawayan to sipocot via quirino hiway (or andaya hiway). hope this helps. have a nice and safe trip.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir ingat lang pagdaan sa "bitukang manok"--the winding road at the border of Quezon and Camarines Norte.
    Bitukang manok is the southern border between Basud,Cam Norte(there you can see "susong dalaga" mountain) and Ragay,Cam Sur with moderate winding roads..The winding road in between Calaug,Quezon and Tabugon,Cam Norte(the intersection going to Quirino HW) is not as lethal as the winding road from Tabugon,Sta-elena all the way to Bagong Silang and Talobatib,Labo..this is the initialD like winding road..parang hinihigop sa kada-liko,,use engine braking to keep traction and control, and never attempt to glide by stepping on clutch or else..dami na nahulog sa bangin at sumalpok sa puno..
    If you love sceneries and road tripping this is the way, but avoid this route if you want to save atleast an hour of the trip..Tiyaga nalang sa potholes ng Quirino HW..drive safely po..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yup masarap nga dun kumain
    Last edited by moxxxs; December 28th, 2008 at 02:18 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moxxxs View Post
    yup masarap nga dun kumain
    Sir moxxxs, san masarap kumain?

Ah, sa Rose and Grace ng Sto. Tomas, Batangas. So dito masarap magpa-full tank ng tiyan bago tumuloy ng biyahe sa Bicol, hehe.
    Last edited by ooba99; December 28th, 2008 at 03:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by abetg View Post
    travelled many times from manila to sorsogon and back and here's my share of advice:

check the following:
    1. tires and pressure incl. spare tire
    2. brakes
    3. cooling system (radiator, hoses, coolant, fans, etc.)
    4. drive belts

also dont forget to drink lipovitan or red bull before the trip para di antukin. rest after every 3 hours of driving. try to leave manila early in the morning around 4-5 am to avoid traffic in the following areas-slex, san pablo, tiaong, candelaria, pagbilao. if you're going to take quirino hiway ingat lang masama kalsada kawawa kotse. bigla na lang bubulaga lubak. di bale mabagal ka dun di naman laspag kotse. it will take about 2 hours on the average to cross from tagkawayan to sipocot via quirino hiway (or andaya hiway). hope this helps. have a nice and safe trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    Bitukang manok is the southern border between Basud,Cam Norte(there you can see "susong dalaga" mountain) and Ragay,Cam Sur with moderate winding roads..The winding road in between Calaug,Quezon and Tabugon,Cam Norte(the intersection going to Quirino HW) is not as lethal as the winding road from Tabugon,Sta-elena all the way to Bagong Silang and Talobatib,Labo..this is the initialD like winding road..parang hinihigop sa kada-liko,,use engine braking to keep traction and control, and never attempt to glide by stepping on clutch or else..dami na nahulog sa bangin at sumalpok sa puno..
    If you love sceneries and road tripping this is the way, but avoid this route if you want to save atleast an hour of the trip..Tiyaga nalang sa potholes ng Quirino HW..drive safely po..
    Thanks for these information. At least, I have an idea of what's up ahead. We'll just decide this morning before we leave Lopez what way to pass - via Daet or the Quirino-Andaya Highway.

How would you compare the zigzag in Quezon National Park against the two bitukang manok?

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3977[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quezon National park(emi) is a high mountain with long ascent and descent, a sure brake burner. Bitukang manok is just a hill with few twists(near bicol national park). Cam Norte route(Sta Elena to Labo) is also mountain ranges just like in sorsogon but what makes cam norte route different is the long twist and turns.if im not mistaken nasa 60+turns from the steel bridge yun, binilang ko dati..hehe Im also about to leave bicol to manila in an hour baka magkasalubong tayo..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Stormy yesterday morning at Sorsogon so we decided to cut short our Bicol trip. We started from Rizal Beach Resort at 11:30 am yesterday and arrived Baguio at 6am today. This time we took the Andaya Highway from Sipocot. I still like the Quirino Highway as the travel time is shorter by almost 2 hours. Although smooth, lots of twisty curves at the Andaya Highway unlike the almost straight roads at the Quirino Highway. I posted some pics at the Strada thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=1#post1175200

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since malapit na matapos ang vacation, palitan na natin yun title to "preparation for long drive from Bicol to Manila"

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    we took the Quirino Andaya Highway. Grabe din ang rough roads at mga one ways. We stayed overnight in Legaspi. We're now in Cam Sur Watersports complex. Wake bored, not board, ako. The place is fully booked. Swimming na lang ang mga bata. We might stay overnight in Naga the proceed back to Manila.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Preparation for long drive to bicol