New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Nissan 300zx twin turbo I still want one of them badboys..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    the thread is supposed to be about the best, not the most popular...

how about the BMW E36 M3?
    IMO the best is related to being popular, if not then why would so many people buy those cars then?

each has their own interpretation, needless to say.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well, yes, that is true.

OP should've been more clear. Best most popular? local cars only?

By the "most popular standard", then the Corolla would be THE BEST CAR in the world, far outselling the Model T Ford and VW Beetle.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Corolla GL AE92

Civic SiR EK4

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahirap sabihin kung ano yung "best"... best in terms of what? Ease of ownership? Excitement? Etcetera?

Best in what category? Japanese? European? American? Affordable? Exotic?

Kung daily cars dito at under 1m, I'd have to second and third the following:

Nissan Super Saloon - clearly the most classically styled of the Japanese econoboxes. class-leading features for its time, pretty good engine (no match for Honda's in terms of ultimate power, but has a good, flat, powerband, EFI and timing chain equipped DOHC), good handling for an econo-car (only Sentra with Independent Rear Suspension), and still a beauty today, if you can find an unmolested one that hasn't been turned into a taxi. Still sold in Mexico as the Nissan Tsuru. Biased ako, because I learned to drive on one... but it's truly a wonderful car that's unfairly panned because of the horrible quality of the box-type that preceded it.

Mitsubishi Galant GTi - great power for its time, super-"pormado", the original Evo-wannabe's car (except that used to be VR4 wannabes).

Honda Civic SiR - Spartan in terms of interior and features, but all sins can be forgiven for the sake of that wonderful engine. Last and greatest iteration of Honda's dual wishbone Civic architecture.

-----

Kung sportscars:

Mazda Miata - sure, we've had local 200SXs, EVos and others, but the Miata is probably the most important car of the "Japanese Generation". Handling second-to-none, low price of entry... this is the budding racer's car.

------

Kung luxury/imports:

BMW M3 - hehehe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Way back in college i drive the sentra ECCS and am inclined to say na ok siya pero hinde, the Galant GTI is the holy grail for me and my car fanatic friends at the time. Till now a well maintained,shiny stock GTI still catches my attention several years and cars later.

I also want to mention the 96 accord series as above average in terms of performance and design of the time. I owned one for at least 4 years and I dont recall any defects worth remembering. Durable car indeed.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kia pride.. parang tissue napkin car.. disposable..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    kia pride.. parang tissue napkin car.. disposable..
    that's a disservice to the kia pride, many of which are still running, and which was a big seller in the US and UK as the Ford Festiva.

perhaps to people with certain economic circumstances, a kia pride would be disposable. nobody i know, though..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for suvs,

i would have to say the pajero.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    how bout the esi naman

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Pinaka the best na kotse na nilabas during 90's...