New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    AFAIK, 2 door cars are taxed more heavily than their 4 door siblings.
    AFAIK - there is no such thing.

===

btw, the C-Class Coupe is cheaper than the C-Class Saloon.

as for the 3-Series Coupe vs Sedan, AFAIK - that might be because the Coupe is an indent order (from Germany) compared to the Sedan which can be sourced from China & Malaysia.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also, it's harder to design a coupe, the fact that you have less spots to make a brace or support makes it harder to design a cockpit that resists twisting and flexing. It's not just the sheet metal.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    economies of scale my friend

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MazdaMazda, isn't the C Class coupe very different from the saloon? They're not exactly brothers, I think.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Insurance is higher sa US etc.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Insurance is higher, cost of production is higher due to lower volume, and demand is lower due to lack of utility. Thus, fewer cars, higher prices. This doesn't necessarily hold true in all cases, and in the case of luxury cars, since they're all low volume anyway, I doubt that this makes much of a difference in prices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

eto di ko sure kungpasok sa topic:

kapag magpapalagay ka ng freon sa aircon ng sasakyan....

kung sa aircon-shops r-12 freon will cost you 300-600 pesos, but only 1/4-1/2 kilo lang naman ang nakalagay sa whole system mo....but when you buy your own r-12 freon, 250/ kilo.... exclude the labor kuno... it may qualify to "paying more for less".

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    MazdaMazda, isn't the C Class coupe very different from the saloon? They're not exactly brothers, I think.
    Yup, the C-Class coupe is not exactly a C-Class sedan stripped of 2 doors. Actually, it's a hatchback. To make things clearer, there also used to be a 3-Series hatchback, the E46 model being the one with those ugly pseudo-projector headlights.

If I'm not mistaken, the CLK shares similar underpinnings with the C-Class, though it looks more like an E-Class coupe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    vanity.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    ... there also used to be a 3-Series hatchback, the E46 model being the one with those ugly pseudo-projector headlights.
    This should be the E46/5 Compact. In the E46 family, the least produced, least priced and least desired. Ugly's the right word. So there you go ... that's one exception

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Paying more for less