New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Once pa lng po, nun nag 40k km yun car. Its normal on matics na 40k palit brake pads noh? On both front wheels.
    Oh yeah, I don't step on brakes if I'm not stopping. So brakes are not madly heating up. Also, I step on brakes lightly, to slow it down. Di rin ako tinatamad mag shift. On manuals, I'm constantly shifting, to get the right revs.
    Ah! Oo nga pala, on roads that's like in Tagaytay highlands or similar. you've got to be crazy not to use engine braking. I just put it in neutral when roads are around 5 degrees downhill, conserving momentum, while not madly increasing speeds.
    Yeah, I am fully aware on the conseqences of neutral driving. Thats why when I do that, its on open roads.
    Tagaytay to Sta. Rosa = 60kph max, you'll not increase in speed na once you reach 60kph.
    Tagaytay to Batangas = 80kph - 100kph, when u reach 100kph...bababa na speeds mo to 80kph, hilly ang daan. After that downhill na naman. On curves, syempre apak ka konti ng brakes.
    My regular route is Baguio-Nagulian road with average speed = 40-70 kph only but never attempted to use the Neutral position during downhill, usually used shift position ( D ) =normal to slightly incline road ( 3 ) = incline road about 15 degrees) ( 2 )=more than 30 degrees incline road. Frequently uses engine braking during downhill driving but still I've changed my brake pads at 23K ODO reading.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hmm...maybe you're frequently carrying heavy loads? Might affect the longevity of the pads? Oh well, matipid pala ako sa pads ko.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Hmm...maybe you're frequently carrying heavy loads? Might affect the longevity of the pads? Oh well, matipid pala ako sa pads ko.
    info nga dito sa Toyota Baguio, yung Fortuner daw ay minsan 15K ODO reading pa lang ay nagpapalit na ng brake pads.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not my typical dream car " BMW 5 series"... but i love it babeh! im sure when you press down the gas, youd go loko. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i shift to N during downhills only if it is safe. I find that doing this makes me get a few kilometers more in my full tank.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Baka OT pero related pa rin sa pag drive ng A/T.

Isang gabi pag start ko ng car di ko maalis sa "P". Tried several times bago ko na shift. Nag storiyahan kami ng anak ko at na experience daw niya ito last month. Pinatay niya ang engine at pag restart nya na shift na niya.

Ng binasa namin ang manual, sabi i-press ang shift release button (it also says to ensure na naka handbrake) pag di ma-shift from "P".

Kaya lang di sinabi bakit ng lock pag minsan.

Mga bro, ano kaya ang reasons bakit na-lock sa "P" minsan? TIA

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Usually dapat tapakan yung brakes before you can shift out of park (P) kaya check that the brake switch is working good and yung mechanism ng spring that you press when shifting to any gear is working too. What car is that? Baka luma na and the parts need adjustment/lubrication, etc..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga bro, ano kaya ang reasons bakit na-lock sa "P" minsan? TIA
    Usually happens in the following sequence:
    1. Driver stops car
    2. Driver shifts to P
    3. Driver releases footbrake without engaging parking brake
    4. As a result, vehicle's weight 'rests' on transmission (because it's in P)
    5. When driver returns, starts wondering why it's hard to shift out of P
    6. It's hard because the whole weight of the vehicle is resting on the transmission

Engage parking brake before shifting to P . Or at least still have your foot on the brakes after you shift to P so you'd have time to engage the parking brake after.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
pag-neutral ng 'matic?