New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hmm...so its bad to drive from Tagaytay to Sta Rosa on neutral, all the way? Since downhill sya. I did that maybe 4x na in a span of 2 years.
    I did Tagaytay - Batangas (Starting from the subdivision w/ wall fountains sa labas going to Punta Fuego) Yun nice road dun. All downhill too.

Speed is 60 - 100kph on the Tagaytay to Batangas stretch,
    60kph on tagaytay to Sta Rosa stretch. Both 20kms easy. Neutral lng ha.

No tranny damage, total mileage 50,000km na.

Yes, even on manuals, I'm a neutral driver basta downhill at di matao. Sanay na.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    He was supposedly given a spiked drink by a female companion while they drove around. When he got knocked out, all his money and jewelry were stolen and the thief escaped.

I guess we'll never know because the guy didn't file a report afterwards.
    That's...just...sad. Then again, that's a whole new issue. I guess in this case he would have been better off driving a manual para stall na lang siya kaysa sa run away yung car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a neutral driver basta downhill at di matao. Sanay na.
    Meron ding sanay ng hindi naka-seatbelt and that doesn't make motoring any safer, too.

Freewheeling is outlawed in a lot of regions and it's outlawed for a reason. There's nothing bad about staying in the right gear be it manual or automatic. Safety is not something to get lazy about (most freewheelers I know give me the I'm-too-lazy-to-shift reason).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    agree with Sir Otep. why compromise safety over convenience, anyway? not because you could handle not being in gear while going downhill inspite of experience doesn't guarantee your safety. being on neutral going downhill puts unecessary strain on your brakes that could atribute to brake fading. when this happens, it is an accident waiting to happen. not to mention the traction idea when being in gear.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Hmm...so its bad to drive from Tagaytay to Sta Rosa on neutral, all the way? Since downhill sya. I did that maybe 4x na in a span of 2 years.
    I did Tagaytay - Batangas (Starting from the subdivision w/ wall fountains sa labas going to Punta Fuego) Yun nice road dun. All downhill too.

Yes, even on manuals, I'm a neutral driver basta downhill at di matao. Sanay na.

ilang beses ka na nagpalit ng brake pads bro?

remember:

pang pinagkaiba ng mt sa at: kung iwan mo sa d ang a/t, tatakbo parin yan until the engine runs out of fuel... ang mt, pag nabitawan mo ang clutch patay makina.... do safety, pag long traffic, N/P kayo...wag nyo sabihin na alam nyo nakapreno kayo...pag nangawit kayo, aalisin nyo din yang paa nyo sa preno, e may instances na makakalimutan nyong naka D kayo..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by istan View Post

init ng preno mo, pre..i pray na di ka sabugan ng gulong while doing this.....
    Last edited by ian_rex; September 5th, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas madali ngang mag drive downhill using engine brake than pedal brake especially kung M/T.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    when in traffic, i always put it in N then handbrake. pero pag tantya ko na sandali lang, stay na lang sa D and press the brake.

pag magpa-park na (on a flat level), tapak sa brake, shift to N, release paa sa brake, (medyo gagalaw ng konti yung oto) then pull handbrake, tapak sa brake saka pa lang shift sa P.. ganito na practice ko eversince so as not to put to much strain on the tranny. kung minsan kasi pag shift from P to D, maramdaman mo may tunog yung pagrelease ng lock sa P..

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    ilang beses ka na nagpalit ng brake pads bro?
    Once pa lng po, nun nag 40k km yun car. Its normal on matics na 40k palit brake pads noh? On both front wheels.

Oh yeah, I don't step on brakes if I'm not stopping. So brakes are not madly heating up. Also, I step on brakes lightly, to slow it down. Di rin ako tinatamad mag shift. On manuals, I'm constantly shifting, to get the right revs.

Ah! Oo nga pala, on roads that's like in Tagaytay highlands or similar. you've got to be crazy not to use engine braking. I just put it in neutral when roads are around 5 degrees downhill, conserving momentum, while not madly increasing speeds.

Yeah, I am fully aware on the conseqences of neutral driving. Thats why when I do that, its on open roads.

Tagaytay to Sta. Rosa = 60kph max, you'll not increase in speed na once you reach 60kph.
    Tagaytay to Batangas = 80kph - 100kph, when u reach 100kph...bababa na speeds mo to 80kph, hilly ang daan. After that downhill na naman. On curves, syempre apak ka konti ng brakes.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I understand that we all have our personal preferences. I would just like to encourage the group not to 'drive our vehicles in angel gear,- neutral'.

Delikado po.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
pag-neutral ng 'matic?