New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by yebo
    pedestrians, no matter where they are, ALWAYS have the right of way.
    As much as this rule stinks for us drivers, this is the sad truth.

Paulo, tama si Yebo. Suerte ka na sa 10K. Pag na sulsulan pa yung magulang ng mga kamaganak and co., baka mahina pa yung 50K diyan.

Ang tanong ko lang is kung nakapagpapirma ka sa magulang ng Affidavit of desistance nung binigay mo yung 10K.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what if me nagba bike along sa road na dinadaanan mo then you saw him and slow down and warn him nag beep ka tapos nag cross parin sa sa gitna mo suddenly. Mahina ang impact pero ganon paman tumilapon pa rin sya.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kahit sa gitna pa ng EDSA, NLEX, SLEX, o sa Runway 6-24 ng NAIA mahiga yung tao, kahit na taong grasa pa yan, dapat ka huminto at umiwas sa kanya. tao yun e, kotse sa iyo. ano ba mas mahalaga pare? human life or your appointment? and
    hmmm...nabuking ba homicidal tendencies ko? ;).

yebo, i'm not suggesting that we mow down everybody that decides to jaywalk...

...pero pano naman kung di mo talaga maiwasan? Let's say that you've already tried everything within your power to avoid the guy; let's say you're going 80kph, tapos the guy jumps on your path about 10 feet away...

One time nga, dumadaan kami sa side street, sabay me lumundag sa path namin(obviously without looking left or right) from inside a container van...mga 4 feet lang ata agwat. Thank god for disc brakes...

...as in wala ka na bang legal defense? Or pagalingan na lang ng abugado?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, lawyer lang makakatulong sa iyo pare. you will have to prove that you were not negligent nor reckless. sabi ko nga, the burden of proof is on the driver. malas mo na lang pag sa iyo natapat. swerte mo kung umamin yung nasagasaan mo na kasalanan nya. but even though the injured person admits his fault, it is still better if the driver takes care of the medical bills. this is to show the judge that you were in good faith and are not running away from your responsibility. yun nga lang, wala na refund ang gastos mo kahit na later on, either kung umamin yung injured or proved in court na kasalanan nya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Masasabi ko lang na DRIVING ay prebilihiyo , not a RIGHT . May times talaga na nangyayari ang di natin gusto like nakabungo tayo ng tao dahil sa katangahan nila , like that ay di natin kasalanan for instance na wala sila sa lugar or di tumitingin yet we are all liable to under any circumstances na involve ang sasakyan natin at injuries or death . By law ay kung sino ang bumungo ay siya ang liable kahit di niya kasalanan na nabungo ito , ma tao man o sasakyan din .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba may bagong law na nilabas ang MMDA yung mga jaywalker sa EDSA pag na bangga mo di mo kasalanan yon??? implemented na ba??

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka lang ha, ang MMDA ba mandated na to ammend criminal and civil law???????

congress lang pwede magbago ng law, MMDA is only one of the branches of government that implements it. they can formulate traffic regulations, but not the civil and criminal code of the republic. at most, they can impose fines on jaywalkers and make them liable for those fines should they be hit by a vehicle while crossing the street in a no-crossing zone. but that still does not free the driver of the vehicle from being charged with the offense of serious physical injury or homicide through reckless imprudence, both of which are criminal offences. it also does not free the driver from being sued for civil liabilities and damages.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with yebo that the driver has a lot of responsibilities esp. to prove that he was not negligent but looking at it from the other side, the person must also prove that he is free from fault, just because you're the aggrieved party, it doesn't free you from fault, there are other things to consider, as for the driver, just bec. he wasn't the victim, it doesn't put him at fault automatically

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    naatrasan ko ang isang honda civic yesterday afternoon. yupi ang rear passenger door. i have comprehensive insurance. He said his car is insured as well but didnt let me know if its TPL or compre.

he opted to settle amicably...so i agreed. But we still got our police report.
    Question is, what if he still tries to claim from my insurance???is that possible?

and possible rin ba na ma-claim ko ung inareglo kong pera sa insurance ko?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    question: pag motor ang nakabangga sayo sa likod, sa kamalasan namatay ung nakamotor. pede kabang kasuhan? or kaw dapat humingi ng damages sa kanila?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pag-nakabangga ka, what do you do???