New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello po sa lahat. First time ko pong maki-join dito kaya sana po tulungan nyo ako.

Ano po ba ang procedure ng pagpapadala ng second hand na makina from abroad to philippines? Malaki po ba ang tax na babayaran rito? Merom kasing binebenta na D4D engine with gearbox from prado. Is it worth it o mas mabuti pang dyan na lang bumili, magkano kaya ito dyan. Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome to tsikot w777!

First off, D4D engines are relatively new so you wont find it in the surplus shops here in Manila! I assume these are the new common rail injected engines of Toyota.

You can try contacting a logistics or forwarder company to find out what options are available and how much. You can try getting a quote from EDR Logistics & Brokerage c/o Edmund at 898-0583 to 84. They were the ones who brought in parts for my car from the U.S.

I suggest that you dis-assemble the engine before crating it so wont be taxed heavily.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    suggest that you dis-assemble the engine before crating it so wont be taxed heavily.
    my thoughts exactly...

OT
    sir dindo musta na 'stang mo....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    OT
    sir dindo musta na 'stang mo....

Hi Kim! Malapit na... tapos na chassis, brake, steering, suspension, body, interior. Engine na lang ang major item at mga minor trims.

Psst... ganda ng sig mo ah! Shelby GT500 new generation.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks po. Anyway the engine and gearbox will cost P200T di pa kasama ang postage to philippines, mahal ba to or better na maghanap na lang dyan. Thanks again.

Paano po mag-padala ng makina papuntang Pilipinas?