• Doesnt matter for me

6 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    try using the ultimate rationale:

"e, kesa mambabae ako?"
    Ummm. That wouldn't work. Right after the honeymoon, she threatened to clean me out for everything I've got if I ever cheated on her.

Besides, she already hates my Laser. I'll have to get rid of that first before I can even think of owning a Mustang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ouch. the missus knows to hit where it hurts hehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    here's a clip from the same show of a more recent incarnation of the mustang not quite living up to the reputation:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kGd1UBUDv...elated&search=
    and the point being?

would that be classic cant see the forest from the trees (or in this case tree?)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Well, if he's on drugs, I want whatever he's sniffing. My uncles were either Dodge or GM pony-car owners when they were my age. My dad had a very rare V8 Dodge Dart and 2 of my uncles opted for the V8 Pontiac Firebird. 2 other uncles had V8s of some sort. I remember dimly one uncle having a 71 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Last one I can't recall. All of them had to get rid of their ponycars and settle for family cars after the energy crisis hit.

But none of them ever had a Mustang. I want to change that trend. I want one even an old junky one as a hobby car. Even my Dad asked me to get one. Problem's the wife. She doesn't seem to understand a guy's fascination with cars.
    hehehe pass that over here,man. guess millions of addicts cant be all that wrong?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the statement being made is "greatest car ever". if he or anyone else said "my favorite car ever" i wouldn't dream of disagreeing.

what objective criteria could the Mustang be considered the greatest ever?

sales?
    value appreciation?
    resale value?
    price-to-performance ratio?
    pure performance?
    turning the fortunes of its maker around?
    mystique?
    current market demand?
    started a new genre or trend of cars?

i named all the criteria i think the mustang is a contender in, for argument's sake.

i'm too lazy to do the research, but i'm willing to bet that there are cars that beat the mustang in each one. just off the top of my head, cars like the VW Beetle, Toyota Corolla, the Ferrari GTO/GT California, Bugatti anything, Buick Grand National, Dodge Neon, Lancer Evo, Ferrari Enzo, Lotus Elise, Aston Martin DB5, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota FJ Landcruiser and Chrysler minivan all beat the Mustang in at least one category.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's one of those things that require no explanation.

I want a Mustang. Why? I just want one. There's a lot of things I want that have no justification. A Mustang is one of them. If there's anything in that list that comes close, it's mystique I suppose. But, mystique doesn't even come to my mind.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's one of those things that require no explanation.

I want a Mustang. Why? I just want one. There's a lot of things I want that have no justification. A Mustang is one of them. If there's anything in that list that comes close, it's mystique I suppose. But, mystique doesn't even come to my mind.
    so again, that is defining "your favorite car", or "the car i want most", or "the best car for me", and with that i have no argument.

i think the debate is about whether the Mustang has a shot at being objectively being called the greatest car ever. or did i miss the point of the thread?

btw add the Model T Ford, Ford GT and Porsche 911 to my list of contenders above. also add "racing lineage or success" to my list of criteria.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    so again, that is defining "your favorite car", or "the car i want most", or "the best car for me", and with that i have no argument.

i think the debate is about whether the Mustang has a shot at being objectively being called the greatest car ever. or did i miss the point of the thread?

btw add the Model T Ford, Ford GT and Porsche 911 to my list of contenders above. also add "racing lineage or success" to my list of criteria.
    I dunno. I just want one.

Yeah, you have the Porches, Ferraris, and what not. But, they're more for the snobby rich. Mustangs, on the other hand has pricing for the masses, the boy-racer crowd, more grassroots than bourgeois, a wildness/freedom in the middle of nowhere with heavy metal music rather than listening to a boring piano sonata in some stuffy socialite surrounding. I think that's the essence of my feeling for it.

The kind of freedom like here:
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 15th, 2007 at 12:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I dunno. I just want one.

Yeah, you have the Porches, Ferraris, and what not. But, they're more for the snobby rich. Mustangs, on the other hand has pricing for the masses, the boy-racer crowd, more grassroots than bourgeois, a wildness/freedom in the middle of nowhere with heavy metal music rather than listening to a boring piano sonata in some stuffy socialite surrounding. I think that's the essence of my feeling for it.

The kind of freedom like here:
    +1

kahit dito aspiration ng common tao has been achieved with it...i think you hit the nail on the head with it being non-elitista

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    +1

kahit dito aspiration ng common tao has been achieved with it...i think you hit the nail on the head with it being non-elitista
    That was easy because it came from the heart, my brother.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
one man's opinion...