New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Hood ornaments - During the mid to late 70's, my dad had an MB 200D 'Fintail', painted fire-engine red. As a young tot sitting on the passenger side, I still remember seeing the MB star badge hood ornament sticking out above the cowling scoop. To this day, seeing an MB hood ornament brings back this childhood memory. Though, hood ornaments didn't really disappear, it is now only relegated to a minority of luxury vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I miss the pop-up headlights of my 1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo similar to this one.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I miss the pop-up headlights of my 1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo similar to this one.

Dito ko nanghihinayang, pop up headlights. I know because of pedestrian safety issue. Pero iba talaga dating ng pop up headlights. Kahit anong ganda ng style ng mga headlight ngayon panis pa din talaga sa mga pop up headlights.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by saksidriver View Post
    Dito ko nanghihinayang, pop up headlights. I know because of pedestrian safety issue. Pero iba talaga dating ng pop up headlights. Kahit anong ganda ng style ng mga headlight ngayon panis pa din talaga sa mga pop up headlights.
    bakit bro, i mean pano sya naging issue sa pedestrian? thanks

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    "Old car designs and features that bring out the nostalgia in you"

I have a lot of fascination for cars in the 90s... most especially (not in particular order):

- Corollas (big body)
    - Sentra B13s and B14s
    - Astina Hatchbacks
    - Lancer GSRs
    - Familia 323s

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bakit bro, i mean pano sya naging issue sa pedestrian? thanks
    when opened, pop-up headlights, and some of the other front borloloys mentioned above, including emblems and hood horses, offer potentially greater harm or damage to the pedestrian that the car might unluckily bump. and the "wise" victim, is not going to sue only the driver. he will sue the manufacturer as well. $$$

back in the late 80s, i remember a stylish, non-oem front hood add-on... a pair of genuine steer horns! needless to say, these would be frowned on today.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 25th, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^akala ko blinding them kasi mataas cutoff ng headlight

Sent from my D5303 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Rubber ducky antennas and vitaloni baby turbo side mirrors

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    apache & vega mags.
    idk, meron pa rin yata vega ngayon?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by saksidriver View Post
    I know because of pedestrian safety issue.
    We didn't have that issue here in the US. But, there are pop-up headlight rules elsewhere. It was simply easier for car manufacturers to streamline things and get rid of pop-up headlights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Old, obsolete, or no longer in general use car designs and features that brings out the nostalgia in you