New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mas masarap mag-drive sa gabi, which I did the first time we went to Vigan. Kalaban mo lang ay antok.

Whether it's day or night driving, just drive carefully and defensively.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3352[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    *pup2

IMO, mas okey if alis ka from Manila very early in the morning para at least pagsikat ng araw you are somewhere in Pangasinan na, manageable na ang traffic from here.

And oh, this thread would surely help you...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=pagudpud

Its a trip all the way to Pagudpud, in case you might want to check it! Kasama na dyan mga directions up North!

Ingat na lang po and have a safe trip...Enjoy!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Mas masarap mag-drive sa gabi, which I did the first time we went to Vigan. Kalaban mo lang ay antok.

Whether it's day or night driving, just drive carefully and defensively.

:coffee: [SIZE=1]3352[/SIZE]
    Yes, which is why i suggest rest breaks. On those super long drives, one tends to be less vigilant and more aggressive the closer one gets to 3 hours (after the first 6 or so) -- especially on the way back.I did this trip in 2000 with a stopover in Baguio. On hind sight, parang mas maganda mag Baguio PAUWI from Pagudpod kasi starting out fresh naman kaming 2 drivers -- feeling ko nga nag uunahan pa kami sa manibela.Our trip northward from Baguio was great however, since umalis kami Jan 1. Sobrang luwag ng kalye kasi walang tao! And well rested pa kaming mga driver.Pero nung pauwi na, feeling ko nga switching every 3 hours should've been about 2.5 instead. At tinulugan pa ako ng isa pang driver for the last slot kaya naging 9 hours ako at siya, 3 hours lang! Here where a Baguio rest stop would've been so appreciated!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    ... if the 8 ~ 10 hour drive from Manila to Vigan is too long for one driver ... and a car full of kids ; please recommend a good place to break the journey and stay overnight.

thanks.

Wow ang tapang mo traveling for 8 hrs with kids - hehehehehe
    I travel with three kids and it seems like I'm traveling with a whole school bus . I suggest stopping in La Union - para it is not out of the way and there are lots of resorts. You can also stop in Hacienda Luisita - they have a small hotel there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Off to Vigan this Holiday