New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Mike! I have been driving a Legacy multicab for the past 2 years now. I got the car for 227T. As for your question, let me tell you my experience with this car and you decide for yourself. I bought the car because of the presumption that it is fuel efficient. I am a very practical person and I look at a car as a way to go from point A to B. In other words, it is just a transpo as far as i am concerned and nothing more. So its simplicity was ok with me. One week after I bought the car, the clutch mechanism broke down. I am not talking about the cord, but the mechanism inside the engine. It was one hell of a surprise to be stock in a main road with a newly bought supposed to be refurbished and improved car. In fairness to the company, they replaced the broken part as part of the warranty. Nevertheless, it was a hassle. On my first check up, I found out that the air filter that came with the car was an old one and they had to replace it at my expense. About a month after, the alternator died a natural death and there was no way to resuscitate it....meaning i gotta get a new one. The alternator that came with the car was producing very low current. I opted to get a replaclement outside (since they said they dont know when they can get a replacement), a surplass with a higher current output. Then this was followed by the clutch cord which gave way and was replaced at my expense already. Several months after, the fan blade that cools the radiator gave way and I had to replace that too. I was also shocked to find out that some parts of the radiator that broke was attached to the radiator only with Epoxy. Can you believe that? They had to rebuild the attachements. A year after i bought the car, the fan that cools the aircon gave way and i had to replace it too. I also noticed that the front wheels were wiggling and unstable and they had to replace those 2 long metal shafts that cost 6T each. I forgot what they call it. The airconditioner was initially the saving grace of this car but it also broke down and I had to replace practically the whole thing (evaporator and others). By this time, I had accepted that I got what I paid for and there was no use fighting with anybody when the car breaks down. I just go to the Casa and have it fixed. Now that it has been 2 years since I bought the car, I thought that the car will be more problem free since I have practically replaced all the important parts of the car. I was wrong. Just a month ago, I was driving along Legarda when the car suddenly went to a halt. I tried to start the engine again but to no avail. I had to call a mechanic only to find out that the wires in the engine and battery were so sold they broke. I was advised to have it replaced, the wirings i mean because they were all very brittle. I am now having some difficulty shifting to reverse. I was told by the chief mechanic in the Norkis CAsa that the problem is in the transmission and I just had to shift first to other gears before shifting it to reverse. Is that cool or what? Grrrrr! And before you believe that it is fuel efficient, let me tell you that my fuel consumption is about 9Km/L, city driving with aircon on. Sometimes it is even less.
    The only saving grace about this car right now is that it can climb up the road going to Baguio. Let me specify that i dont mean Kenon road but Marcos highway. I am stock with this car and i guess for the price i paid, i should not expect anything from this car except to bring me to where i want to go 90 percent of the time. I wanna sell this car but i dont think anyone would be interested. I have taken good care of this car because this is the car i use everyday. I have followed all the 5000 check up and have not missed one. I wouldnt dare miss one. hahahhaha!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks hewgrant40!

now finallyl i got some coments from real owners..

so does that mean its not truly fuel efficient at 9km/l?

do you regret buying this car at a price of 200k?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    see what i mean?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Norkis cars are not 'rebuilt' in the strictest sense that Norkis may want you to believe. Refurbished and modified is a more apt term. And how do you expect these things to last, on the pick up models, they used VINYL as a bed liner! It's an interior material they are using, and it just won't survive being weathered on the bed of a pick up!

We were having the same dilemma around here a year ago. Norkis or '95 Vitara? We just got the Vitara. Never mind if it only gets 7km/L or so, up to now it has been very reliable and requires only basic maintenance. I guess being a CBU from Japan helped a lot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It took me all of five minutes (when I was shopping for a pickup) to say no.

I bought a Nissan Sunny pickup for 160, spent 40k in one pop fixing it, and haven't had to do anything since then.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    overpriced yang legacy na yan. its not even worth half of the price. maganda sana kung reliable ang consumer watchdog natin dito sa pinas. just add another 100k and get a TRUE bnew unit...the suzuki alto. pero nagtaas na sila ngyn

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    este maruti pala

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    perhaps they have improved? give norkis a break..these cars just got out of the market.. give them another year and they would have improved..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01 View Post
    perhaps they have improved? give norkis a break..these cars just got out of the market.. give them another year and they would have improved..
    Just got out on the market? If this is the same one I saw in Santa Lucia Mall then it's been out for almost 5 years and that's enough time to get things fixed. The guys car had an old air filter and wiring harness and it was supposed to be refurbished? I'd rather get a used Kia Pride and do an engine swap because it will probably be cheaper when you calculate the cost of ownership.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    aw man! that norkis really hurts! they said in their flyers that it is affordable, reliable and fuel efficient. based on the testimony of hewgrant40, i just say: only AFFORDABLE is TRUE in Noris' statement! and the on man here was right. it is not worthy for its price and even half of it, it is not even worthy. it is really disappointing for a bnew (am i right? or or its a recon?) car to fail in just one week afer purchase and to have those problems in just 1 year! aw it just a piece of crap by norkis! shame on norkis! they sould have sticked with the motorcycle dealer thingy. they shouldn't
    expand to 4 wheeled vehicles. but if they do, they should be sure of the quality. is legacy made in jap or just here in the phiippines? i prefer not selling legacys rather than being criticized by people! awww!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Norkis Legacy and Privacy