New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    I meant the rfid installation booths per exit, po. hehe it would have made things easier if they did that when they announced the 100% thingy
    i vaguely recall,
    that them installation lanes were already present in some entrances, long before the last two minutes deadline.
    hindi lang natin pinansin.
    i could count with half a hand, the number of vehicles in the queue, back then.
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    bakit kasi hindi na lang sa toll booth iabot yan rfid... pag daan mo pwede ka na din abutan ng rfid.. parang prepaid sim card lang naman yan eh na nabibili sa bangketa

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    bakit kasi hindi na lang sa toll booth iabot yan rfid... pag daan mo pwede ka na din abutan ng rfid.. parang prepaid sim card lang naman yan eh na nabibili sa bangketa
    ... so that the unscrupulous person can paste the class 1 rfid to the windshield of his six-wheeler!
    heh heh.

i think, as someone pointed out earlier, that this may be the reason why they want to be the ones to paste it onto the vehicle concerned.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ... so that the unscrupulous person can paste the class 1 rfid to the windshield of his six-wheeler!
    heh heh.

i think, as someone pointed out earlier, that this may be the reason why they want to be the ones to paste it onto the vehicle concerned.
    The toll booths have sensors in each booth to detect the type of car passing through it. So if it detects a Class 3 vehicle using a Class 1 RFID, then it shouldn't allow it to pass, and maybe sound a warning siren to alert the guards.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    The toll booths have sensors in each booth to detect the type of car passing through it. So if it detects a Class 3 vehicle using a Class 1 RFID, then it shouldn't allow it to pass, and maybe sound a warning siren to alert the guards.
    i didn't know that.

how do they detect a class 1 vehicle with a trailer (that makes it altogether a class 2) ?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    There are detectors installed that checks if it is class 1 or 2. What i am not sure of is if it also determines class 3 vehicles because that will be dependent on the vehicle length.

I learned the class 1/2 detector when i put a rocking chair we bought on the way home from manaoag on the roof of my GRX starex. The detector sensed the chair and charged the class 2 toll. A supervisor had to override the system so that i was charged toll for a class 1 vehicle. And yes i had to back up so the detector did not see the extra height of the chair.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    do these booths have sensors that measure dimensions,
    or do they have for reference, an image bank + artificial intelligence, to compare the vehicles against?

for example,
    does their computer differentiate between bicycles on the roof versus walis tambos and walis kisames piled up there?
    Last edited by dr. d; October 28th, 2020 at 01:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^ultrasonic sensors placed on the roof of the toll booth measures the dimension of the vehicle from the pavement to the roof

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This is true, I remember early this month nung lumabas yung new car ko from warehouse, diretso ako ng skyway NB before NAIAX interchange, I was 3rd in line, out in just under 10mins. Very efficient ang auto sweep. Though, different story naman ang Easytrip experience ko; same day din, went to magallanes naman, medyo mahaba ang pila ng tao, walang parking-no go; went straight to Coastal Rd, SB, early afternoon, ubos na ang stickers (only 100/day lang); 2nd day, early morning sa Kawit NB, before they open, 2nd in line, after waiting 30mins, di na daw dun nag iinstall ng rfid, kawawa yung truck na una in line, was there 3am for nothing; afterlunch, pila naman n sa c5 shell, inabot din ng cut off (lunch time naman), waited more to finally install easytrip.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i vaguely recall,
    that them installation lanes were already present in some entrances, long before the last two minutes deadline.
    hindi lang natin pinansin.
    i could count with half a hand, the number of vehicles in the queue, back then.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007

NLEX EC Tag Concerns