New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    You are still going to ferry people in exchange for money. For me, if cant drive alone, then you are not fit to act as a transporter. Hope you get my idea and not take this personally.

Ask a relative who openly accepts the risks involved to get you up to speed.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    I think gusto nya lang kasama yun may license. Ang kaso complete stranger. Tapos syempre pag nahuli HIT sa kasama nya, tama ba?

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Ask yourself if that's what carpooling people do. You should have stopped at the 2nd sentence. Your sarcasm is unnecessary.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what do you expect carpooling people to do for you-the-student-permit holder?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    I accept that there are loopholes to this and though I get your point, I respectfully disagree with some of it.
    1. It's not about the money.
    2. Student drivers are not allowed to drive alone. The law encourages them to drive with a guide. It doesn't mean they're not fit to drive.

1. Even if not for money. End point is, you are still going to accept money in exchange.
    2. As mentioned by shadow, why not get a non pro instead? You forgot to mention as well that the guide must be knowledgable and not just any guide.
    Physically fit to drive is easy (eyesight check, vehicle check, etc). Mentally fit to drive is another thing. (You mentioned that you are not that confident yet).

So i suggest, get a relative to help you out instead of some random strangers since pag naaccident (wag naman sana) kayo,di mo na babayaran relative mo. Pag nahuli kayo, may mag aassist sayo.

Hope that you get that you are the driver and hence responsible for the lives of the people inside your car.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    I think gusto nya lang kasama yun may license. Ang kaso complete stranger. Tapos syempre pag nahuli HIT sa kasama nya, tama ba?

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk
    Yup, I think so. If may valid violation hit sa license holder. But I didn't realize that until now. The only thing I was avoiding to violate was driving alone. Wala sa balak ko na magviolate at ipahamak yung ksama ko. I think na establish ko na na hindi ko intention magviolate.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what do you expect carpooling people to do for you-the-student-permit holder?
    Maybe accompany the student permit holder in exchange for a ride because she's not allowed to drive alone?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kaya may instructor for that.. kasi pag nabangga ka.. yung instructor ang may kasalanan.. or in this case.. yung kasama mo na may license..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    Maybe accompany the student permit holder in exchange for a ride because she's not allowed to drive alone?

my advice:
    get your license already.
    ask a relative to do ride with you for a few days, once you get your license. give relative something for his trouble.
    that is all you need.
    after that, you can drive alone.

i wouldn't want a total stranger to sit beside me, as i drive.

you will never learn how to drive alone, if you don't do it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my advice:
    get your license already.
    ask a relative to do ride with you for a few days, once you get your license. give relative something for his trouble.
    that is all you need.
    after that, you can drive alone.

i wouldn't want a total stranger to sit beside me, as i drive.
    See, your sarcasm was unnecessary. Yup, will do that. Thank you.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    kaya may instructor for that.. kasi pag nabangga ka.. yung instructor ang may kasalanan.. or in this case.. yung kasama mo na may license..
    Yup. I admit I didn't realize that. The only violation I was trying to avoid was driving alone.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast