New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Sorry this is my first post and I am only allowed to start a thread here.

I am a student permit holder but have finished taking driving lessons. I want to practice more by driving to work but sadly, yung mga kakilala kong may lisensiya eh malayo location sakin and won't be able to guide me. Ayoko irisk mahuli na walang non pro license at kasama, pero I also feel kelangan ko pa ng practice para maging confident sa pag apply for non pro.

Naisip ko sana magcarpool with a non pro holder. Route is Tikling to Ayala via C5 Kalayaan, night shift, we leave at around 5:30 to 6pm.

Yep, I need to be careful so I will take safety precautions naman.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better to reconsider your plan. Not safe for you, your passenegers and other motorists.

Get yourself a non pro license. Mag carpool tapos student license holder? Anong klase yan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    So gagawing experiment ni ts yung mga buhay ng kacarpool nya?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Better to reconsider your plan. Not safe for you, your passenegers and other motorists.

Get yourself a non pro license. Mag carpool tapos student license holder? Anong klase yan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not that I don't know how to drive, but I acknowledge that I need more practice and I know I should not drive alone.

Hindi nmn bawal ang learner driver eh. Baka nga mas maingat pa than some. Bawal siya kung walang kasamang lisensiyado.

Usually student drivers learn by driving more, but with guidance dapat.

If I have ofcmates (na may dl) na pareho ko ng ruta sila isasabay ko. Kaso like I said, wala nga.

But I acknowledge na it's not the best idea dahil sa safety. Thanks for your feedback

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    enroll in driving school kung kailangan pa nang practice..

1 month lang ang student diba tapos pwede nang convert sa non-pro?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    So gagawing experiment ni ts yung mga buhay ng kacarpool nya?

If that's my intention I wouldn't have been honest na new driver ako and just offered a ride in Wunder.

There are ppl who resort to carpooling dahil ayaw nila magcommute. If they are okay with accompanying a new driver in exchange for a ride, fine. Pag hindi, fine as well.

It's risky on many levels. But I'm not experimenting on lives here.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    enroll in driving school kung kailangan pa nang practice..

1 month lang ang student diba tapos pwede nang convert sa non-pro?
    Yes sir.

I actually practice sa amin and I'm in between confident to drive to Makati but not confident to be alone (part of it is yung takot dahil bawal). I feel if I have a dad or brother or a friend with me (na lisensyado at marunong), I'm okay. And that's legal.

But yeah, maybe it's not the best idea.

I will maybe practice more to be confident to take the non pro exam.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    You are still going to ferry people in exchange for money. For me, if cant drive alone, then you are not fit to act as a transporter. Hope you get my idea and not take this personally.

Ask a relative who openly accepts the risks involved to get you up to speed.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I accept that there are loopholes to this and though I get your point, I respectfully disagree with some of it.
    1. It's not about the money.
    2. Student drivers are not allowed to drive alone. The law encourages them to drive with a guide. It doesn't mean they're not fit to drive.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    Sorry this is my first post and I am only allowed to start a thread here.

I am a student permit holder but have finished taking driving lessons. I want to practice more by driving to work but sadly, yung mga kakilala kong may lisensiya eh malayo location sakin and won't be able to guide me. Ayoko irisk mahuli na walang non pro license at kasama, pero I also feel kelangan ko pa ng practice para maging confident sa pag apply for non pro.

Naisip ko sana magcarpool with a non pro holder. Route is Tikling to Ayala via C5 Kalayaan, night shift, we leave at around 5:30 to 6pm.

Yep, I need to be careful so I will take safety precautions naman.

just go and apply (and get) your driver's license already.
    you can practice legally afterward, even by your lonesome, with a license.

besides, what are your carpool mates gonna do? be the proverbial backseat driver? keep a scorecard? grab the wheel from you a few seconds before you bump into a tree? applaud?
    i was a new driver once. and i remember, hating that person in the car who was always giving me advice...
    heh heh.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast