New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^That's very deadly without the aid of an ABS..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    True that. I was driving the Revo one time and it was raining when the jeepney in front suddenly stopped. I was unable to decelerate in time and hydroplaned, hitting the jeepney's rear end, hence the accident.

But then when in a state of panic, slamming the brakes was the only thing that registered in my mind. On retrospect, I would have been able to avoid that accident had I quickly changed lanes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hence, the kasabihan na "wag kang TUTUTOK", especially if mahina ang preno mo..

To prevent is better than to cure but sometimes, accidents just happen. It's a miracle though that we are still alive if it was a deadly accident that we got involved in.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yep. Can't explain why I was somewhat out of sorts that day, hence the delayed reaction. All of our cars have ABS now and its a really nice thing to have, though thick and grippy tires are at least just as important, if not more.

But then again, point was that under panic autopilot mode, the reaction I had was to step on the brake pedal and not the gas pedal. I really could not understand how some people mistake the brake and gas pedals, even if it was in a state of panic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Probably, because those people who are used to or only drive an a/t use their two feet separately in accelerating and braking their car? Which also explains that the brake pedal on an a/t is wider than the one on a m/t. It also makes me wonder if manufacturers or driving schools lectured drivers about using those two pedals properly.

But sometimes, no matter how modern a car is, especially those with safety aids, if stupid drivers still exist on the roads, then there's really no hope to prevent it at all. That's why I despise them so much. Every day, you will always encounter them if you go out of your house to work or go somewhere daily.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Imho, sometimes sh*t happens. Kahit pa ikaw ang pinakamagaling magmaneho sa mundo accidents do happen. Kaya nga accident. No rational person would knowingly and intentionally crash their car. Sa pinas pa na major purchase ang sasakyan, di naman disposable ito na ibabangga lang. No driver education/proper implementation of rules/etc could ensure that this won't happen anymore. If say you've driven all your life ex 20 years tapos malinis record then had an accident, tangang driver ka na? Ridiculous.

Just to have a proper perspective, maybe it would be nice to look at the number of accidents due to pedal misapplicarion vis a vis other causes of accidents vs the total number of trips kahit sa metro manila lang (kahit for automatics only). I doubt if it would be a significant number...

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Wow what a name. Kabait ni jut may magalit pa.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBOJut703BOBO View Post
    Just like you!
    Bro palitan mo naman ang handle mo, please.

Mods, maybe you could do something here. TIA.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Bro palitan mo naman ang handle mo, please.

Mods, maybe you could do something here. TIA.
    Anyare???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    not so much nakakatakot, as it is nakaka-inis...
    yung pupulikatin ang paa o binti, habang nasa trapik.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast