New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not really. I have driven countless automatics over the years and I have never had any problems stemming from the transmission being automatic. All that is really needed is observation of proper maintenance procedures and regular practice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    SUA in other parts of the world.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Now akala ng brain natin ay ang gas pedal ang nilalaro ng paa natin, Kaya ang tendency, pag nabigla ka, reflex ay lilipat ang paa mo sa other pedal which is the gas. Ang gulo haha.

Illogical conclusion ...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    I don't see why you say driving schools came about only recently because a lot of them have been in existence for more than 3 decades now (A1, Smart, Socialites) and there are other small ones. The driving school provides the vehicle, too (you can choose the type of car, preferably close to the one you would be using daily).

Also, while a lot of us may think we can teach our kid or relative how to operate a car, it's still different when it is a duly-licensed driving instructor who teaches how to drive since they also teach about traffic laws, etiquette, defensive driving, etc. Sorry but, when it comes to learning how to drive, I am not an advocate of "home study".
    It was 30 years ago? I guess you're right, I was young then. How time flies... I never implied that I advocate home study about driving. I was referring to my relatives who back then​, doesn't want me to enroll in a driving school. I was in elementary​ when I started driving and I wanted to enroll when I was in highschool but they said, "what's to learn there?"

We had a book, came from LTO I think, and there I encountered for the first time about hydroplaning. Slowly, I learned about traffic rules and signs. It's embarrassing on my part, but I'm still learning about driving until now.

Now about my two grown-up kids, I made it a point for them to enroll​ in a driving school if they were to drive full time.

However, if I may digress, we are not yet rich so we can't buy another car. Rather, I prefer that my sons buy their own. I help them raise the money by taking a certain percentage, let's say 60% on my part then they raise the remaining balance.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Cathy... I'm just the messenger here...hehehe

Women more likely to mistake gas pedal for brakes, regulator says

NHTSA estimates that there are about 15 pedal misapplication crashes per month in the United States, and that the drivers in almost two-thirds of such crashes were women.

The agency speculated on several reasons women might be more likely to be involved in such crashes.

The incidents occur most often in parking lots, NHTSA said.

The agency also noted that women typically have "a poorer fit in their cars due to shorter stature, which may increase the likelihood of a pedal application error."

But male drivers should be warned before stereotyping women as bad drivers. NHTSA says men are more likely to be involved in an accident in general.
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 20th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There are a lot of safety driving guides online and on youtube ... you could learn more from there than just a few hours from a driving instructor ...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

10 yr old Ateneo student namatay

(UPDATE) Ateneo pupil dies after being pinned by cars | ABS-CBN News
    A pupil of Ateneo de Manila Grade School (AGS) died Tuesday after being pinned in between two vehicles inside the school campus.

Amiel Alcantara, 10, a Grade 4 pupil at the school, was on his way to their family vehicle along with siblings Jana and Javier, nanny Tata Suarez, their driver Khan Nyugen Alcasabas and a friend of Javier around 3:45 p.m. when a Toyota Hi-Ace van suddenly lurched towards a Honda CRV and another vehicle.

Alcantara was found underneath the two vehicles. He was hurriedly pulled out and rushed to New Era Hospital by another parent, Alcasabas, and Maria Teresa Torres, the driver of the van.

Alcantara died at the hospital at around 5 p.m. after suffering from head injuries.

Suarez meanwhile suffered fractures in her shins and ankles and was taken to the school infirmary for treatment.

The Alcantaras formally filed a complaint against Torres, a parent of a fellow Grade 4 pupil, who was also waiting for her child at the time of the incident.

Prior to the incident, Torres' driver alighted from their van, after which she took over the wheel to drive it forwards. An official statement from Ateneo de Manila University said that according to her however, the van "accelerated uncontrollably" and hit the victims and the cars.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2017 makukulong ung babae

Woman gets 2 to 6 years in jail for running over Ateneo student | Inquirer News

Mahinay also told the court he heard Torres tell the Ateneo guards that she stepped on the accelerator instead of the brakes.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as if there aren't enough things out there that can kill us

idagdag mo dyan mga tao stepping on the wrong pedal

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    In an instant. Nagbago buhay nung nakasagasa at pamilya ng sinagasaan.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast