New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    i agree, the issue here is not the transmission per se but the drivers and the way the government corruptibly issue driver's licenses

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Standard naman sa AT na press brake in order to shift to D or R di ba? So when you slowly release the brake pedal and the car starts to crawl, when you notice something or someone blocking your way, di ba the natural reflex is to push the brake in again? Why would the driver shift his foot to the right to brake? Let's say the foot is already at the gas pedal, did the driver forget that he shifted to gas to make the car run faster?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Kaya naimbento ang Forward and Backward Collision Mitigation dahil dyan. Ford Eve ata yung meron sa front and back Collision mitigation. Yung montero meron din pero front lang ata.. Sadly mga nasa top of the line variant lang ang meron.

Sana nga maging standard ang feature na ito sa lahat ng auto.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Seriously?

Whether A/T or M/T, ang mas nakakatakot eh yung gumagamit ng sasakyan na hindi marunong magpatakbo. Kung baguhan na drayber at prone sa aksidente eh baka naman hindi nakapag driving school?

Makakadisgrasya talaga.
    A few years ago, driving schools don't​ exist. Back when it was starting, it was very expensive since we had this thinking that "whatever they teach there, I can do it". So, why enroll my kid over there?

Coming from owner type jeep, I don't know how to teach someone using a manual car. I mean, how can both of us fit inside the driver's seat while the door is closed? Unless the other guy is like me who has a small body build.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Standard naman sa AT na press brake in order to shift to D or R di ba? So when you slowly release the brake pedal and the car starts to crawl, when you notice something or someone blocking your way, di ba the natural reflex is to push the brake in again? Why would the driver shift his foot to the right to brake? Let's say the foot is already at the gas pedal, did the driver forget that he shifted to gas to make the car run faster?
    Sa Mobilio namin, you only need to press the brake pedal when going down from P. Naging habit ko na rin na ang paa ko, mas malapit sa brake pedal. Slant to the right na lang pag apak ng gas. Rarely na rin ako umapak ng gas when reversing, unless, medyo steep yung aatrasan ko at di na kaya ng kusa. Pero I still don't press hard eh.

Maybe some drivers talaga eh hindi fit to drive kahit pa sabihing marunong syang magpa-andar ng sasakyan? I mentioned magpa-andar kasi para sa akin iba yung marunong kang magpa-andar (atras, abante, liko liko) ng sasakyan at sa marunong magdrive (with knowledge to traffic rules, discipline, etc).

Just my 2 centavos.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tikling View Post
    ito'y particular sa mga baguhan driver at lalo na sa mga babae.

sa mga iba lalo na sa mga nakatira sa city at yung ibang work at bahay lang, hindi siguro nila nababalitaan o nakakakita ng mga aksidente dahil sa automatic na car.

pero sa mga gaya kong nasa probinsya, gala at maramingggg kamag-anak, kaibigan at kakilala, madalas akong makabalita o makakita ng ganitong pangyayari.

nangyayari kasi, imbes na yung break ang maapakan, e yung gas, diin o sagad yung apak kasi nga magpreno sana kaya resulta, sobrang sirit ng car. nakakalungkot neto may personal na akong nasaksihan, yung isa co-teacher nya, patay kasi nasa harapan lang niya, yung isa naman, 2 anak nya, patay din kasi nasa harapan din. yung isa naman, nagpa-park, yung bunggo nasa harapan. mga personal na nasaksihan ko yan, di pa kabilang mga nabalitaan ko.

di maiiwasan kasi minsan yung mabigla ka, mag-panic, ma-block, etc kaya yung paa di na maintindihan kung saan ang apak.

magaling sa manual kasi kahit mabigla ka, instinct na dun sa left foot mo na apakan ng sagad yung clutch, so safe kahit silinyador maapakan mo.

kaya sa mga baguhang driver lalo na sa mga girls dapat manual na lang car nyu.

sana ang automatic pag tinapakan ng sagad yung gas inde sya sisirit ng takbo.
    Who are you to tell me what car I should drive dahil babae ako. I've been driving since I was 16 so that's 2 decades. I NEVER had an accident and I'm not what you would stereotype as a typical lady driver. I can driver fast and park in the tightest spaces

Take your stereotyping elsewhere. Wala sa length of driving, age or gender. Nasa tao talaga yan.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Theory ko dito, since yung AT tends to slowly crawl even without stepping on the gas pedal diba, ang ginagawa natin is the other way around, instead of using the gas pedal, we play with the brake pedal instead to crawl (when parking, or maniubra), carefully lifting and stepping our foot to the brake pedal. Now akala ng brain natin ay ang gas pedal ang nilalaro ng paa natin, Kaya ang tendency, pag nabigla ka, reflex ay lilipat ang paa mo sa other pedal which is the gas. Ang gulo haha.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Who are you to tell me what car I should drive dahil babae ako. I've been driving since I was 16 so that's 2 decades. I NEVER had an accident and I'm not what you would stereotype as a typical lady driver. I can driver fast and park in the tightest spaces

Take your stereotyping elsewhere. Wala sa length of driving, age or gender. Nasa tao talaga yan.

Kalma po.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Easy ka lang mam cathy. You got a point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    A few years ago, driving schools don't​ exist. Back when it was starting, it was very expensive since we had this thinking that "whatever they teach there, I can do it". So, why enroll my kid over there?

Coming from owner type jeep, I don't know how to teach someone using a manual car. I mean, how can both of us fit inside the driver's seat while the door is closed? Unless the other guy is like me who has a small body build.
    I don't see why you say driving schools came about only recently because a lot of them have been in existence for more than 3 decades now (A1, Smart, Socialites) and there are other small ones. The driving school provides the vehicle, too (you can choose the type of car, preferably close to the one you would be using daily).

Also, while a lot of us may think we can teach our kid or relative how to operate a car, it's still different when it is a duly-licensed driving instructor who teaches how to drive since they also teach about traffic laws, etiquette, defensive driving, etc. Sorry but, when it comes to learning how to drive, I am not an advocate of "home study".

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast