New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alex as in Alex Isip ... wow ginto price nila dun...anyway okay naman trabaho (finish) pero hindi ako nakakita ng bare metal finish nila...kung sa baremetal ay ok ang works okay na....

I am restoring an old car pero hindi muscle car....toyota starlet kp62 81 model.

Pag umulan na ng pera, I'd like to restore an aunt-in-law's MINT CONDITION 1961 Chrysler Newport....automatic pa na pushbotton style....yung speedometer parang sinaunang jukebox....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wild, Mopars are nice. That aunt-in-law's car can be a nice ride.

Am not sure though if Caloy is refering to Alex Isip though. Isnt he alex restorations?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    guys, alex isip is the one in roosevelt who does a good job with cars and his track record in car shows speaks for the man. the one in santolan is alex garcia naman of new autodresscode.i am a friend and client of alex garcia and that is where my loot is stashed and for him to fix up.i personally have a 71 challenger r/t 340 and a 67 mustang fastback.the others are being done kasalukuyan and up for sale kaya my units are in the classifieds always.furthermore re alex isip,i have visited his shop but could not afford his price but saludo ako sa gawa niya.maybe when i am loaded,i will try to have a unit done by his shop.autodresscode does everything your car needs-from the ground up so to speak...upholstery(they do the leathers for brand new car dealers),mechanical,paint,body,electricals and what have you.by the way,may car show sa silvercity(back of tiendesitas)on november 25-26.bumper to bumper.i will be bringing my 67 mustang fastback para naman may muscle amidst the japs and hopefully my 67 eleanor din being rushed right now itayo ang bandila ng muscle!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_ding View Post
    guys, alex isip is the one in roosevelt who does a good job with cars and his track record in car shows speaks for the man. the one in santolan is alex garcia naman of new autodresscode.i am a friend and client of alex garcia and that is where my loot is stashed and for him to fix up.i personally have a 71 challenger r/t 340 and a 67 mustang fastback.the others are being done kasalukuyan and up for sale kaya my units are in the classifieds always.furthermore re alex isip,i have visited his shop but could not afford his price but saludo ako sa gawa niya.maybe when i am loaded,i will try to have a unit done by his shop.autodresscode does everything your car needs-from the ground up so to speak...upholstery(they do the leathers for brand new car dealers),mechanical,paint,body,electricals and what have you.by the way,may car show sa silvercity(back of tiendesitas)on november 25-26.bumper to bumper.i will be bringing my 67 mustang fastback para naman may muscle amidst the japs and hopefully my 67 eleanor din being rushed right now itayo ang bandila ng muscle!!!!!!

will be looking forward to seeing your rides carrying the musclecar banner. seems like the fever is spreading fast...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Ang gastos will depend on what needs to be done.

A typical body worker will charge you between P300-500/day depending on galing niya sa body works. Consider a least a 2 months body work time if malala ang rust.

A good painter with very good skills in paint preparation will charge you also about P500/day. Consider a least a 2 months work time din sa scrape to metal and good paint job.

Aabutin ka rin ng 2 to 3 days sa tamang pag-baklas ng sasakyan mo (lalo na if you plan to record or take a picture of the process) to almost barebone.

Mahirap ang parts ng lumang oto, internet and old shops and other grupo with similar car can assist you pero you also need lots of money.

Ang suggestion ko ay determine mo muna anong klaseng restoration ang plan mo. Then inspect the full length of damage that needs repairing. Then tsaka ka magpa-estimate.

Honestly, magastos ang full-restoration and matakaw sa oras. (expenses can reach P100,000++).

If you don't have problem on both, I suggest you another option:

1) Paandarin mo muna with the least changes/gastos. Patinuin mo ang engine condition - it must be on tip-top shape.
    2) Use it almost daily and give it a very good garage away from the elements (rain and direct sun). This would prevent further problems and would make the vehicle produce lahat pa ng sakit niya.
    3) Clean it thoroughly (di baleng merun rust)...remove all putik, oil residues and dead animals (if meron)...a good exterior, interior, engine and underchasis body detail would be nice.
    4) Paint all rusted portions with at least red lead paint, mura lang pero effective enough to control rust. No need for expensive paints, kasi babakbakin mo rin naman ulit yan. Undercarriage and floor pan will have the biggest problem, then the door insides. Minsan ang lower part main post ng front (along with the door hinge) will also have bad rust problem.
    5) Invest or buy on factory repair manual or any other repair manual (chilton, hayes) for your car.
    6) Isa-isahin mong bilhin ang mga aesthetic parts (side mirror, windshield rubber trim, emblems) na kulang.
    7) Pagcompleto ka na sa parts/small details, start investing on body works.
    8) You can do the piece-by-piece repair or you can do a one-time-big-time repair job.

HTH

ganda ng ni-rerestore mo!
    i'd probably use this method. good suggestions!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_ding View Post
    by the way,may car show sa silvercity(back of tiendesitas)on november 25-26.bumper to bumper.i will be bringing my 67 mustang fastback para naman may muscle amidst the japs and hopefully my 67 eleanor din being rushed right now itayo ang bandila ng muscle!!!!!!
    sayang, missed this car show. btw, is that 67 eleanor the black one worked on in autodresscode?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Some have mentioned that place. Should take time to check it out. Isnt that slim_ding's operation? Just a question. Do they restore for keeps or for selling purposes? or for customers looking to restore. Was led to believe kasi they are in the business of selling cars since they are often in the classifieds. with a long list.
    passed by that place, though may mga ilang for sale, but can't afford the prices( i think the owner of autodresscode has a cougar, for keeps. but looks like their operation is more on selling cars they restored(buy & sell?). or selling unrestored cars, (and) offering the restoration service. the newly restored 67(?) mustang fastback has a tag price of 1M, negotiable pa naman yata

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Can I join your muscle car e-group? Or better yet is there a muscle car club here? Sali pls!

I have 2 muscle cars. 1 currently being restored for 2007 car competitions.

Sana meron din tambay night for these muscle / vintage cars similar to the 80's/90's greenhills tambay.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    PM mo si sir midinite ng email address mo para ma-invite ka nya sa e-group. meron yatang EB bukas ng gabi...not sure kung tuloy, though di rin ako makapunta due to prior commitments.

baka next time.. at sana daytime para mas lantad ganda ng mga muscle cars...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you pm'ed midnite?
    sayang di ka umabot, may EB kami kagabi, one member brought his 1965 mustang gt350 (others couldnt bring their rides) and it was sweet!!! as far as i could tell it had complete trim, decals and when he was kind enough to fire it up- VROOM VROOM.. org*smic!! (kinulit ko pa for a second time haha)

im going to check out other muscle later.. wheee

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Muscle Cars - Who would you recommend for restoration in Manila?