New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Don't have a car yet, but got interested thru this thread, and then went out and bought same 3 for 100 Mustang & Car collector mags

Ano po makina ng Mach1 nyo? 351C V8 po ba stock nyan?
    Buti na lang pwede na Paypal sa Pinas, madali na bumili sa Ebay ng mga accessories, then just ship via Johnny Air Cargo.

Thanks, very encouraging.
    The engine on the 71 Mach1 is a 4-barrel 302 with an Edelbrock performer intake maniforld, MSD iginition and a few other goodies. The previous owner was an American who was a typical gearhead living in Clark. As such, his emphasis was more on the technical side and performance. Although he completed all the work necessary on the engine, he sadly passed away before he could focus on the body and paintwork. This is where I picked up from where he left off.

On the other hand, my 69 Mach1 is an M code with a 4-barrel 351W. It is completely stock at the moment but I will update its technical specs particularly on suspension and handling. It now has front disc brakes and a rack and pinion is definitely on the cards. Thanks to Midinite's e-group, I was referred to a shop in Kamias who can do a rack & pinion conversion a lot cheaper than buying a bolt on from Flaming River in the USA. For the engine, the only mods I am planning for at the moment is to put in an Edelbrock performer intake manifold, headers, Edelbrock air cleaner, electronic ignition, and an upgrade on the ignition coil and hi-tension wires. Once I save up enough, maybe forged pistons, racing cams, Holley or Edelbrock carbs, aluminum heads, etc.

Yes, paypal is very convenient especially on ebay. I used to transact using Western Union. Not only was it such a hassle for buyers and sellers alike, it was also tooooo expensive. I have a few tips to give on ebay shopping as well but a new thread dealing with ebay experiences would be more appropriate. Hope this insight of mine will be a help. Let me know how you get on.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by osama View Post
    Hey I know woodfire very well. He was the best boss I had when I was still in the world of banking. He's a stickler for details but fair and very honest.

I was with him in the U.S. during his vacation in early 2005 when he bought his parts for his stang. Talagang complete na yung binili plus some some sweet edelbrock performance parts. Ikakabit na lang ng restorer niya sa bulacan.

Kaya I'm surprised kung bakit hindi tapos yung stang niya. Sir woodfire... I wish and fervently hope you can finish your stang this year.
    we hope so too. so we can ride together with the others.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Mga bro.. Buti naman ngkaroon ng ganitong forum... kc my unlce gave me a 1976 toyota celica gt.. san po kaya reliable at maganda mgparestore nito?? and how much will it cost me?? estimate lang po.. i have no idea kc.. for that case mkapg ipon na ko this decmber.. iwas gastos muna.. thanlks!!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yeah, muscle car e-group rocks! Very informative (especially about who to beware of).

So far been lucky, problem palang ng Bandit ko is lack of funds...

With my budget-busting ambitions, I'll be lucky to see it run by '08.

Si sir turbo masyadong busy ngayon. Tinatapos yung eleanor nya...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    Mga bro.. Buti naman ngkaroon ng ganitong forum... kc my unlce gave me a 1976 toyota celica gt.. san po kaya reliable at maganda mgparestore nito?? and how much will it cost me?? estimate lang po.. i have no idea kc.. for that case mkapg ipon na ko this decmber.. iwas gastos muna.. thanlks!!
    Ang gastos will depend on what needs to be done.

A typical body worker will charge you between P300-500/day depending on galing niya sa body works. Consider a least a 2 months body work time if malala ang rust.

A good painter with very good skills in paint preparation will charge you also about P500/day. Consider a least a 2 months work time din sa scrape to metal and good paint job.

Aabutin ka rin ng 2 to 3 days sa tamang pag-baklas ng sasakyan mo (lalo na if you plan to record or take a picture of the process) to almost barebone.

Mahirap ang parts ng lumang oto, internet and old shops and other grupo with similar car can assist you pero you also need lots of money.

Ang suggestion ko ay determine mo muna anong klaseng restoration ang plan mo. Then inspect the full length of damage that needs repairing. Then tsaka ka magpa-estimate.

Honestly, magastos ang full-restoration and matakaw sa oras. (expenses can reach P100,000++).

If you don't have problem on both, I suggest you another option:

1) Paandarin mo muna with the least changes/gastos. Patinuin mo ang engine condition - it must be on tip-top shape.
    2) Use it almost daily and give it a very good garage away from the elements (rain and direct sun). This would prevent further problems and would make the vehicle produce lahat pa ng sakit niya.
    3) Clean it thoroughly (di baleng merun rust)...remove all putik, oil residues and dead animals (if meron)...a good exterior, interior, engine and underchasis body detail would be nice.
    4) Paint all rusted portions with at least red lead paint, mura lang pero effective enough to control rust. No need for expensive paints, kasi babakbakin mo rin naman ulit yan. Undercarriage and floor pan will have the biggest problem, then the door insides. Minsan ang lower part main post ng front (along with the door hinge) will also have bad rust problem.
    5) Invest or buy on factory repair manual or any other repair manual (chilton, hayes) for your car.
    6) Isa-isahin mong bilhin ang mga aesthetic parts (side mirror, windshield rubber trim, emblems) na kulang.
    7) Pagcompleto ka na sa parts/small details, start investing on body works.
    8) You can do the piece-by-piece repair or you can do a one-time-big-time repair job.

HTH

ganda ng ni-rerestore mo!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Ang gastos will depend on what needs to be done.

A typical body worker will charge you between P300-500/day depending on galing niya sa body works. Consider a least a 2 months body work time if malala ang rust.

A good painter with very good skills in paint preparation will charge you also about P500/day. Consider a least a 2 months work time din sa scrape to metal and good paint job.

Aabutin ka rin ng 2 to 3 days sa tamang pag-baklas ng sasakyan mo (lalo na if you plan to record or take a picture of the process) to almost barebone.

Mahirap ang parts ng lumang oto, internet and old shops and other grupo with similar car can assist you pero you also need lots of money.

Ang suggestion ko ay determine mo muna anong klaseng restoration ang plan mo. Then inspect the full length of damage that needs repairing. Then tsaka ka magpa-estimate.

Honestly, magastos ang full-restoration and matakaw sa oras. (expenses can reach P100,000++).

If you don't have problem on both, I suggest you another option:

1) Paandarin mo muna with the least changes/gastos. Patinuin mo ang engine condition - it must be on tip-top shape.
    2) Use it almost daily and give it a very good garage away from the elements (rain and direct sun). This would prevent further problems and would make the vehicle produce lahat pa ng sakit niya.
    3) Clean it thoroughly (di baleng merun rust)...remove all putik, oil residues and dead animals (if meron)...a good exterior, interior, engine and underchasis body detail would be nice.
    4) Paint all rusted portions with at least red lead paint, mura lang pero effective enough to control rust. No need for expensive paints, kasi babakbakin mo rin naman ulit yan. Undercarriage and floor pan will have the biggest problem, then the door insides. Minsan ang lower part main post ng front (along with the door hinge) will also have bad rust problem.
    5) Invest or buy on factory repair manual or any other repair manual (chilton, hayes) for your car.
    6) Isa-isahin mong bilhin ang mga aesthetic parts (side mirror, windshield rubber trim, emblems) na kulang.
    7) Pagcompleto ka na sa parts/small details, start investing on body works.
    8) You can do the piece-by-piece repair or you can do a one-time-big-time repair job.

HTH

ganda ng ni-rerestore mo!
    Very good and detailed explanation. Plus, it gives you an option. Now regarding point #3 it reminds me of a car i was working on that we discovered was a memorial park for rats...kaya ang baho pala. pero yun ang part of the enjoyment kaya people think we are loco.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    autodresscode along amang rodriguez in pasig does pretty good restorations on old american cars.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    autodresscode along amang rodriguez in pasig does pretty good restorations on old american cars.
    Some have mentioned that place. Should take time to check it out. Isnt that slim_ding's operation? Just a question. Do they restore for keeps or for selling purposes? or for customers looking to restore. Was led to believe kasi they are in the business of selling cars since they are often in the classifieds. with a long list.

Kindda reminds me of the guy down santolan on the way to marikina who bought a muscle car from someone i know for a 100k and waxed it and sold it for close to 300k. Ganda ng profit margin. But he somewhat reminded me of your used car lot kindda guy.
    Last edited by midinite; November 20th, 2006 at 06:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    talked to the owner of ADC. alex is a pretty nice guy, easy to talk to and all.some of his products arent that bad either. he has customers from as far as europe, afaik.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    talked to the owner of ADC. alex is a pretty nice guy, easy to talk to and all.some of his products arent that bad either. he has customers from as far as europe, afaik.
    that is interesting then. should take time out to see the operation

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Muscle Cars - Who would you recommend for restoration in Manila?