New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by poknat View Post
    i'm looking 4 an affordable muscle car and i saw a coagar in manila but 8 luks like 8 needs some work 4 an asking price of 150k.come across a white mustang67 with blu stripes and 180k tag which is 2 pricey 4 m budget.do u know somebody selling a reasonable one?thans mate! much appreciated f u can giv me some info.
    how much exactly are you looking at?... i'm not really hand in glove with the prices of muscle car in the philippines, but i could give you a friendly advice based on my experiences in restoring muscle cars... multiply the price of the 150k cougar and the product would be the total cost of the restored car....here in california that's how we do our math, but it still depend on how you would really like your car to look like. if you want the high end look well shell out more money.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks mate for the info at least i've got the slight idea on how to restore a car on the financial side.I've been planning to buy one when i go home.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May I make a statement and remove this out of my system.

I was able to browse the net and found the manila_musclecar group.

Upon reading the posts, I came upon a thread which said " a seller sold a Lemans mis-interpreting it as a GTO".

Well I have to make the record straight or I may be branded as a fraud.

The buyer from the begining already knows that the car was a Lemans and not a GTO. Infact it had a Toyota engine when he first saw it So he had the engine replaced with a 400. Then he asked me to look for another car that he can use as a parts car. Yes I found a parts car with no engine but with "GTO grill, tail light and hood", it did not have front suspension. I sold it to him as a parts car and not a GTO, I even sold him my 455 for only 10k. So where is the mis representation of model. I am very sure that this guy is not even privy with our deal and does not know what he is talking about.

The Challenger he is talking about is the 73, everybody knows that there are no more 440 powered Challenger that year. I told him (John) it came with an RB big block(383, 413, 440). and he still wants it. Why? For the simple reason that there are no more Challenger in the market. I even pointed him to a 70 RT with no engine and he bought it.

I hope that you personally spoke with John Kierulf(I doubt if you know John or are you just making things up to become popular) before accusing me of fraud. Or anyone else in this forum for that matter. I can always ask John if you spoke with him. Or if John is complaining about the acquisitions.

If you cannot prove what you are talking about in front of John, I demand that you straighten-up your act or be accused of being a rumor monger. Get your act together.

John is still asking me for cars, because I sell cars cheap so that they have good homes.

But accusing me of fraud without checking hte facts is down right foul.

And this guy has even the nerve to borrow parts from me while saying things behind my back.

Get you sources straight.

From now on, you are not welcome to my place.
    Last edited by turbo; January 13th, 2007 at 09:53 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    May I make a statement and remove this out of my system.

I was able to browse the net and found the manila_musclecar group.

Upon reading the posts, I came upon a thread which said " a seller sold a Lemans mis-interpreting it as a GTO".

Well I have to make the record straight or I may be branded as a fraud.

The buyer from the begining already knows that the car was a Lemans and not a GTO. Infact it had a Toyota engine when he first saw it So he had the engine replaced with a 400. Then he asked me to look for another car that he can use as a parts car. Yes I found a parts car with no engine but with "GTO grill, tail light and hood", it did not have front suspension. I sold it to him as a parts car and not a GTO, I even sold him my 455 for only 10k. So where is the mis representation of model. I am very sure that this guy is not even privy with our deal and does not know what he is talking about.

The Challenger he is talking about is the 73, everybody knows that there are no more 440 powered Challenger that year. I told him (John) it came with an RB big block(383, 413, 440). and he still wants it. Why? For the simple reason that there are no more Challenger in the market. I even pointed him to a 70 RT with no engine and he bought it.

I hope that you personally spoke with John Kierulf(I doubt if you know John or are you just making things up to become popular) before accusing me of fraud. Or anyone else in this forum for that matter. I can always ask John if you spoke with him. Or if John is complaining about the acquisitions.

If you cannot prove what you are talking about in front of John, I demand that you straighten-up your act or be accused of being a rumor monger. Get your act together.

John is still asking me for cars, because I sell cars cheap so that they have good homes.

But accusing me of fraud without checking hte facts is down right foul.

And this guy has even the nerve to borrow parts from me while saying things behind my back.

Get you sources straight.

From now on, you are not welcome to my place.
    [SIZE=3]Turbo, enjoy your life and whatever you are doing, don’t let yourself be bothered by those piece of $#**&^%. Just like what you just have said “just making things up to become popular,” that’s the bottom line and was really a striking message for whoever he is, again, a piece of $#**&^%.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Red67stang, THANKS!

I hope he reads this, or he is just ignoring it.

If you see some threads that involves muscle cars, he keeps on saying libelous things upon persons. He will say "based upon sources", why can he just confirm and investigate things to be sure.

He may know John Kierulf, but I am very positive that he that he is not close to John to know the details of what we agreed upon. The fact is, John may don,t even know him.

First, he did not even saw the Lemans when it arrived here. It has a 22R Toyota in it. So how can I misinterpret it as a V8, or even for that matter an original Inline 6. The hood, the grill and the tail light were all Lemans. But the car was straight and complete and above all a CONVERTIBLE. Who will pass on a complete convertible for only 210K?

The parts car that has all the GTO dedicated trim was almost complete, aside from the front suspension and the engine. It was also a convertible. Has so many extra parts. i sold it to him for only 100K, plus another 10k for a hard to find 455 engine(without intake) and th400 tranny. Now, for 110K convertible that is almost complete and not a rust case, will you pass on it?

Then the case of the 73 Challenger that landed with an RB engine. An RB engine if this "KNOW IT ALL GUY" does not know yet is the wedge MOPAR Family that is consisted of the 383, 413 and 440 engine. Any which engine can fetch 70K+++. The Challenger is a different story, a Challenger is always at a Premium, together with the CUDA and the Charger. I am still sorry and regretful, why I sold the car. It was the only car that I don't have in my collection.

As for the 70 Challenger, it was John himself who told me that the owner said it was an RT. I cannot get an audience with the owner, so I told John about it. Luckily, John was a relative of the owner and so he closed the deal himself. He traded the 70 Challenger with a Miata!!!. I have already given my scout 25k for this, so I lost that 25k. But it was the friendship between me and John that matters most. Do mister "KNOW IT ALL GUY" knows this?

You know how much a 70 Challenger cost, I did not even asked John for a penny on that GOLDEN find. He ordered a modern 6.1 HEMI to fill up its engine bay.

I do locate parts for him. His Eleanor's pedals, 9 inch Posi rear end, Cougar tail lights, SHELBY emblems, COBRA Flip Gas Cap, etc. were all supplied by me. You cannot imagine the difficulties in finding the parts that was supposed to be for my personal Eleanor.

As for what happened to WOODFIRE, I am sorry, but it is beyond my control. Since, I am not the one doing the restoration. Yes, I introduced Dindo to Mang Radie, though they were the one that closed the deal. The project went smoothly at first but Mang Radie went loco with health and family problems. I cannot do anything for delicadeza since the deal was between them and I was not privy to it.

But I take responsibility and am asking WOODFIRE's understanding. In fact, I did not make anything from that, coz during that time, I was only responding to Mang Radie's plea for help. Anyway, I know it is not an excuse. SORRY, Sir Dindo.

I just wish people will confirm things before accusing others. D pwede and sabi-sabi.

I have my reputation to protect, as I am a Lay Minister and former Parish Pastoral Council President of our Church. I was also twice recognized by the Diocese of Malolos as Outstanding Parishioner. In fact, I don't have to sell cars for profit. As I can live comfortably for the rest of my life without working. All my hard work and businesses that I put up is making money more than enough to sustain my family four times over.

Pero I have to find those cars good homes, I sell them only when I know the buyer really would take care of it.

Sorry but I am not into name calling and cursing. Except for today.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, Radie still has some of my parts. Hindi pa niya naiibigay sa akin.

I'm hoping maibigay niya this week or else I'll really believe that he has a CROOKED agenda. Pasalamat si Radie, I still treated him with soft gloves dahil pinigil ako ng wife ko. If I had my way, baka wala na iyan sa mundo... *#^&^#%!!!!

Btw, hindi ko kilala si Radie! He was just referred and recommended to me by Turbo.

I hope guys here in Tsikot become cautious of who will restore their classic cars!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ano pa wala sayo?

Again, my apologies.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's an AMC Javelin for sale along Annapolis. It is in the lot full of old Benzes (they were the guys from Meralco Avenue).

Sorry, not much info on the Javelin. All I know is that it used to be red (now black) and is for sale by the first owner's family.

My dad and I were just sniffing around for unrestored Benzes at the time.

They also have a Hummer H2 for sale at the lot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    John Kierulf, the owner of the Eleanor and the two convertibles icalled me up awhile ago.

Boy, is he fuming MAD. He is asking me if I know " MR. KNOW IT ALL".

He is fuming mad because "MR. KNOW IT ALL" is also spreading rumors about him. Just as I suspected John does not even know or has ever spoke with "MR. KNOW IT ALL".

So, better shut your mouth. Kakahiya ka, gusto mong manira ng tao kahit wala kang prewaba.

Ang yabang mo pa dito sa tsikot. kala mo kung gano ka kahusay sa Muscle car. Marami ka pang kakainin.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    HI! im just new here and would like to seek everybody's help regarding car restorers. I just bought a 66 mustang coupe and would like to ask your recommendations on who do good jobs with regards to restorations. I live near ateneo and would prefer that his shop be within the vicinity. Thanks and looking forward to your recommendations.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Muscle Cars!