New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Anybody tried this Mr. Quickie's new venture of duplicating car keys that have those embedded electronic chips(i.e. with immobilizer, etc)? It's available in Megamall branch only and according to the saleslady, they do duplicate the chips as well, so the key can be used like the original key. The cost though is i think P5,000. Hmmm.. if it works as advertised, it's cheaper than getting it at the casa.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Don't you have to get the chip in the key programmed for it to work? I know the one on my Nissan needs to be taken to the dealer for programming.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    if i read the poster correctly and the limited explanation from the staff, it was implied that the programming is part of the service...kaya medyo may doubt ako. but then at 5K, they should be including the programming.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Matagal na kong nagtataka dyan. Yung 2006 Civic ko, 2 lang ang susi, yung isa obviously plain key lang. Wala atang chip sa loob. Pero when I use it to start the car, gumagana naman.

Feeling ko tuloy, parang walang immobilizer yung FD.

Imposible kasing alam ng Mr. Quickie yung codes sa immobilizer

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yikes, double post!
    Last edited by Galactus; November 6th, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Matagal na kong nagtataka dyan. Yung 2006 Civic ko, 2 lang ang susi, yung isa obviously plain key lang. Wala atang chip sa loob. Pero when I use it to start the car, gumagana naman.

galactus, balik mo sa casa, yun FD ko dalawa binigay na key both with remote control built in..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ Bro shadow, V lang kasi sa akin. Yung S variants, talagang may 2 remote keys.

According to a thread over at TeamFD, ganun talaga pag V variant ang FD.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ Bro shadow, V lang kasi sa akin. Yung S variants, talagang may 2 remote keys.

According to a thread over at TeamFD, ganun talaga pag V variant ang FD.
    oopsss.... ganun ba? sorry

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010

baka nga wla immobilizer un kasi ung chip mejo makapal kung plain lang metal un wla nga.. and it starts ur ignition.. codes from original keys can be copy/clown by machine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Anybody tried this Mr. Quickie's new venture of duplicating car keys that have those embedded electronic chips(i.e. with immobilizer, etc)? It's available in Megamall branch only and according to the saleslady, they do duplicate the chips as well, so the key can be used like the original key. The cost though is i think P5,000. Hmmm.. if it works as advertised, it's cheaper than getting it at the casa.
    swordsman lumipat na wala na sa mega.. nasa sm calamba na, isa lang ung machine wla na dun

Mr. Quickie's Electronic Key Duplication