New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Which goes to say also that I like watching Fifth Gear more now than Top Gear... makadownload nga ng ******* ng New Season...
    i love top gear coz of vicki butler-henderson. gotta love that time when she tested back-to-back a lanevo9 and lanevo6...her bewbies were bouncing around. hahahaha.

pero aside from that, she's a competent driver, handing tiff's azz sometimes when they race, and doesn't hurt as well na she's a looker. :D

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwise View Post
    oo nga sir dito nalang tayo sa tsikot pero sir ,di lang bimmer ang may 1 series but merc has its own 1 series we call it, dont know baka wala pa dyan sa pinas. i work for them remember .at sir wag kang magtaka sa porsche at vw,audi,seat,skoda at ang bagong buggatti, they even have the most expensive vw witch may not even be in the PI market, witch we already have here they call it python or something i dont realy know how to pronounce it and they are all from the same company called union.just to share you some of the brand that we have. this is not from the review.hands on experience sir
    A-class po yun. Huling 1-series ng MB is the 190E...

Cool ka lang po, di ka naman na-flame e.

Tama ka sa relationship ng Porsche and VW. Kaya nga Piech yung bossing ng VW noon before Pischetsreider... and alam naman natin ano yung main asset ng mga Piech.

Medyo di lang me makapaniwala na sa presyo ng isang Porsche... di man lang nila itago na galing VW mga ibang parts. Sobra naman cost-cutting.

OT na tayo.

Re: J. Clarkson. Matagal na syang in-love sa Jaguar. A man is entitled to his preferences. Naalala ko nga nag-debate pa sila ni Tiff noon re: M5(Tiff) vs XJR - V8(J.). Syempre kung puro performance lang e talo na yung XJR cuz at heart it's a big-ass full-size luxmobile (granted with handling mods... but may limit din mga ito) habang yung M5 nasa katamtamang size pang-sports (mas may effect mga mods). Pero XJR pa rin si J.

Wala naman masabi si Tiff nung banggit ni J. na hindi sya na-ba-bounce around sa XJR katulad ng M5. Masabi lang nya na that's not the point.
    Last edited by Flagg; August 25th, 2006 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Para hindi 2 posts.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Have no motive... Just an observation... Kung papansinin mo nga ang daming portion ng show dedicated sa Ford Motor Group e... Think of this... nakita ko na sa Top Gear halos lahat ng Land Rover, Jaguar, Aston Martin at Ford Models sa UK... E yung mga Japs??? bihira lang... E yung Volkswagen Group??? konti lang din... Daimler-Chrysler group??? konti din... Pero Ford Group ang daming showcase sa Top Gear...

Probably dahil lahat ng marquees nila ay former British companies and Top Gear would want to promote those marquees??? Kasi Automotorsport sa DW-TV clearly promotes German cars... Dati kasi ang Top Gear circa Tiff Needle time e talagang super independent lahat tinetest at lahat may pros & cons ang review... for Top Gear ngayon nagiging favorable ng konti sa particular manufacturers...

Which goes to say also that I like watching Fifth Gear more now than Top Gear... makadownload nga ng ******* ng New Season...
    I Have to admit have'nt watched top gear for a long time since I always fail to catch its airtime in BBC. I often watch kasi CNBC and Bloomberg because it has more relevance to my occupation.

Anyway, maybe its mere coincidence that top gear editions you have recently watched feature FMG cars since other models/brands of competitor have already been featured.

Also, cars featured in top gear are mostly in the luxury/exotic/high end version/semi-modified cars and Japanese and other automakers do not have that much models being sold in UK for that category.

It could also be possible that since the TV show primary target market is UK (not the Philippines) and it is easier to secure test vehicles from UK based motor companies. The same way as maybe a Japan automobile related TV show most featuring Japanese cars in the same way as DwTV (German). Remember from our point of view - Toyota/Honda are not considered imported cars but from their end it is considered as one.

Can I suggest you e-mail them with your observation? Who knows, baka ma-feature ka pa sa viewer segment (if they have one) eh di instant celebrity ka sa mga tsikot forumers hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i agree, madami naman different brands na finefeature sa top gear eh.. yung ibang brands nga like ariel, tvr, morgan, koenigsegg(?), spyker sobrang unheard of pero they still feature them. sometimes they even do challenges with minivans. as for japanese brands, the image that honda has in UK (inference lang from the show) is that only old people drive them. probably because theyre cheap and reliable. so baka ganun din for other japanese brands. try looking for the episode where jeremy reviews the honda element, you'll see what i mean.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    haha si Aida Sebvilla nagagandahan sa Ssangyon Stavic yeach!!!!!!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Top Gear just recently featured a Pro Drive Car, never heard of but it got very good reviews. I think the Ford GT, Aston Martin, Land Rover, and jaguar deserved the priase it got from jeremy, he also points out the bad so he's not really bias. He had a bad write up about the GT but Ford went ahead and refunded him. He end up buying the car back after it has been fixed of its bugs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like Automobile.com. They do multiple reviews of the same cars over time. They did 15 (favorable) reviews on the 2006 V6 Sonata alone.....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    maybe Fords are getting better that's why. they were down before, nowhere to go but up.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas gusto ko pa rin ang mga "walk around" impression reports ng mga Tsikoteers...nasasabayan nga lang ng gatong minsan sa iba hehehe

maybe Tsikot should have these sections or have voluntary opion report sa mga rides that they have driven.

yun nga lang dapat merun din fix factual measurement guidelines.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    magtataka ka lang dahil sa reveiw ng Top Gear at ibang british magazines laging Ford ang pinapaboran nila samantalang tanungin mo ang 100 residents or check UK forums at sasabihin nilang they hate Fords.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Motoring Journalists & Car Companies?