New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Sayang talaga yung Toyota Echo, it was released before its time. I still go gaga every time I see one on the street every now and then.
    +1.

I'm no longer convinced it's as spacious as it was touted before, after getting claustrophobic in a Vios (which it shares its floorpan with). Still a nice looker of a car though. Seeing one on the roads nowadays is pretty rare.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    To me, the Mazda 6 2.3L. Having driven one extensively, I can say that this car will hold its own againts any of its rivals in terms of performance and features. Can't comment about it's reliability though. The Montero Sport is another one, since its based on the L200 strada, which we happen to own, I can say that this vehicle's ride should be pretty good, as our strada actually rides better than our patrol even with rear leaf springs. Our strada has also been trouble free, so I'm assuming that the Montero Sport should also be reliable. Sadly, it came to our market way to late already, and was easily ignored by potential buyers for the Fortuner.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNITED View Post
    Underrated for me locally would be all korean cars except starex and and first ford lynx and familia...
    A relative is involve in car buy n' sell and I found out that before, the sentra would be underrated thanks to pinoy masses (lower c and class e market) that contributed to a lot of heresay when the b12 arrived locally. But when the "eccs" B13 (the best local sentra for me) arrived that slowly but surely changed a lot of bad reps it had and ofcourse thanks to a lot of intelligent pinoy buyers nman the sentra b13 to b14 is known to have good quality.
    I'm not sure the same could be said for the current sentra N16 model though.
    I dunno.. I am a Nissan fanatic... and the B14 is my dream car... I would really have to have one given the change... especially the Super Saloon SE model (with the ABS)... but I heard those are rare...

The Sentra really has great engineering... nung ni-release ang ECCS, and the B14, yung 116hp output nya is very rare for a 1600.. Yung Toyota Corolla nga, nagka-timing chain lang and 116hp nung current gen Altis na... eh, with VVT-i na yun.... heard the GA16DE engine of the Sentra (B13 and B14) with VVL performs a lot better..

The N16 Sentra might have 116HP still in the hood but i heard it offers a lot of torque at a much lower RPM... which translates to better fuel efficiency... (don't have solid proof though)

OT: I heard the N16 Sentra will be replaced na... sana yung Sentra US Version ang i-release... di pa din sya head-turner and performance might not be as powerful as those of Honda, pero mas ok na yun.. kesa yung model ngayon... =)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Ssangyong Rodius. :evillaugh

Sayang talaga yung Toyota Echo, it was released before its time. I still go gaga every time I see one on the street every now and then.
    talagang pangit ng toyota echo sa simula pa lang. pati yaris lugi na rin

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Musong View Post
    Toyota sub-compact's does not have the "IT" factor I guess. They just go down the drain as far as I've notcied.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Musong View Post

Hindi naman ah, hehehe.

Kesa naman yung itsura ng Echo Verso:

which was probably inspired by this guy:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Lol :d Hahahahhahha

actually yung echo verso is not really called echo in japan--fun-cargo yun..

like ko din yung itsura ng 1st gen echo..

for me underrated cars on my list:

1.most nissan cars (altima, maxima, sentra, AD resort, ADmax, verita, 200sx, cefiro)--mahal/mahirap daw pyesa, kalokohan, di nalalayo sa presyo ng OEM parts ng toyota, mitsubishi at honda. well atleast, wala gaanong fake parts like sa toyota and honda.

2.hyundai matrix [SIZE=3]CRDi[/SIZE]--for its price then na 632T ata, sulit--bibihira ang re-seller sa used car market. napaka funtional ng sasakyan na to..and may rear tables, flar floor pag tinupi ang rear seats at secret compartments pa for the :naughty2: at di masagwa lagyan ng roof basket/box

3.kia rio, late 98-2003 kia prides, sephia---kia branded na mazdas mga to!--kaya pwede mo ding gawing japanese.

4.as stated--mazda din are underrated, but not like the nissan cars..pero unlike nissan, may korea counterpart to, kaya mapa-hapon/koreano piyesa man, orig parin.

5.old elantra locally released here are mitsubishi underneath, kaya safe buy parin--way much better the the "autoprominence"-released, overpriced malaysian car, whose resale value and built-quality is as low as the "depths-of-hell" itself...swerte kung may makakita ka pa ng di kakarag-karag at pilit na pinagmumukhang lancer-itlog..mas mahap pa kia pride dito,e...

6.some fords (lynxes)

7.(sayang italian car pa naman)--fiat uno...oh well...

but still, maganda lang sa mga underrated cars na to---pabor sa aming nasa "used car market" :bwahaha: :hihihi: :rofl01:
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; January 31st, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mhmmm... Proton Wira! ;grin:

BTW, I'm actually quite fond of the old Toyota Echo's looks... cute! Ride comfort? Who cares?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNITED View Post
    Underrated for me locally would be all korean cars except starex and and first ford lynx and familia...
    A relative is involve in car buy n' sell and I found out that before, the sentra would be underrated thanks to pinoy masses (lower c and class e market) that contributed to a lot of heresay when the b12 arrived locally. But when the "eccs" B13 (the best local sentra for me) arrived that slowly but surely changed a lot of bad reps it had and ofcourse thanks to a lot of intelligent pinoy buyers nman the sentra b13 to b14 is known to have good quality.
    I'm not sure the same could be said for the current sentra N16 model though.
    Huh? underrated Sentra here? sa U.S our market (younger ones) opt on buying either a sentra or the civic...coz for starters, they are very tunable! Naabutan ko kc before dun before I left was the popular B15 sentra (d one in the Need4Speed vid games) and ES civic. Well as you said it's different here.

Funny nga when I see those old rollas and sentra cabs roaming the metro... those two cars shows u quality! Yung iba atang kasabay nila R.I.P na.

Underrated here for me would be the china brand cars. I've read they also have quality that can match those of the Japanese. Then koreans follows next..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The most underrated vehicle in the Philippines is . . .