New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaacrosa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob
    sa experience ko, iba talaga yung VW Beetle.
    my '73 1303 volkswagen superbeetle sarap ng ride at lambot ng suspension. hayop pa humataw lalo na pagnatapos ang engine mods. na gagawin ko

-boom volks-
    post ks naman ng pics ng 1303 mo. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    squala,

mabilis ba talaga yung corona? i think it feels like it lang kasi maingay yung makina at high rpm (buzzy) and it has good torque in the mid-range and low rpm. kaso, hindi yata maiwanan ng st191 ang accord or a civic (we had an M/T Corona dati). it wasn't particularly fun to drive too, imo, because of the somewhat clunky shifter and not-quite-Honda steering and firm clutch pedal and visibility over the high cowl and big ass wasn't too good imo

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    My cousin said a speed test was conducted among 2.0-liter cars (i.e. Corona, Accord, Galant, etc.), and the Corona was the fastest from standstill, and it had the best maneuvers, probably because it was the only car that had ABS that time (I'm talking about the one with the spoiler and the rear plate no. on the trunklid).

The first Corona EX saloon left my '96 Civic VTi for dead in Katipunan. For sure, it has good torque, and if you set it up well, it can go head-to-head with an SiR from 0-100 kph and power away from the Honda beyond that! :!:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EX vs SiR? I don't think so. the 1/4mi of a stock SiR is in the 15s, and that's what a lot of corona EX owners are targetting after modding their car. stock corona EX ata nasa 16s.

i believe the contenders for the 2.0li performance crown at that time were the nissan Altima and the Galant GTi. both pushing around 150hp from 2.0li DOHC engines.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Galant GTi is the forebear of the V6-engined VR Galants that came next. Probably that GTi, in stock, will be left for a while by a standard SiR because of slight power and weight advantage, but the GTi will blow dust on the SiR after 100 km/h. With that GTi in exception, the Corona is probably the fastest 2.0-liter Japanese sedan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako rin!bmw e36! kahit luma na mas confident ako humataw at mag agressive cornering dito kesa sa baby ko na familia. :D

based rin sa mga nabasa ko...miata!!!!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yup, E36 has perfect confidence factor, even in M3 trim. Voted the best handling car in the U.S. during its time, the E36 is definitely a really great experience, even in 316i guise!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VW beetle...my first car...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    para sa kin? yun kuliglig ng lolo ko. haha lolz! joke only guys. peace be with you.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Echo series

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Most fun-to-drive car?