New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Heretic Guest
    My father and I went to La Union two days ago (Wednesday) for a business trip. We filled the Matrix up to full tank (approx 55L) in Shell, near Meralco and Olopsc. Upon filling her up, we reset the odometer to zero and we've decided to test how much she would consume without turning off the air-con. Revving is normal (shift upon reaching 2,000 rpm), 100-120kph would be the cruising speed on NLEX, etc.

Upon reaching and finishing our purpose on San Juan, La Union we went back to Bauang and rested in Long Beach resort. We headed home the next day (601km total) and this is what has appeared on the fuel meter:

We have to admit that we are still skeptic on the result. The arrow indicates that the fuel remaining is a little bit over the half-tank mark (we are assuming a safe estimate of a half-tank consumption). Who knows, after breaching the half mark, the arrow might as well drop faster.

It is possible that we might be able to go to Laoag next week to collect some moolah from our debtors. A round trip usually yields 1000+ km.

I'll bring a digicam next time as the photos were shot with a crappy Dbtel 2051C.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    better yet, why don't youu get another full tank and then see how many liters you consumed while driving there. the needle is not reliable. because as you mentioned, once it gets to about 2/3, it starts to speed up.

this is the diesel or gas matrix?

andy

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ung 1.5L CRDi variant ba to sir Heretic? how about traffic conditions?

if you keep this up...the hyundai people just might come knocking at your door for Matrix user testimonies...showbiz kayo ng erpats nyo :D

4. Heretic Guest
    Yep, she is a 1.5L diesel Matrix. The 1.6 gas variant is a guzzler (a little bit better than the Optra though) and needs thrashing to carry its 1,310+ kilos of weight uphill.

This was the first time that she had a full tank. I just have her filled up to the half level and the highest reading that I've achieved was 19+ km/l, a rating I took when we first went to Laoag (1000+ km round trip) for her break-in.

Some cars improve their fuel consumption within the first few thousand km. Did the fuel mileage increase? Will the fuel gauge arrow drop faster beyond the half mark? When we go to Laoag next week, we might be able to answer these lingering questions.

I have yet to make a "real" test as far as city driving is concerned. My usual destinations are Marikina to Cubao, Teacher's Village, Edsa, Ortigas, Boni and Commonwealth. So far, 12+ km/l is the safest estimate. C! Magazine already made one (July 2005) and they yielded 11+ km/l.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Amazing yet doable... Sarap ng may matipid :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ur matrix is perfect in today's rising fuel prices!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kabitan mo ng KHAOS yan baka di ma bumaba yung fuel gauge mo from full! hehe... Kasi sinira ng Khaos hahaha.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Regardless inggit ako sa mileage mo :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't doubt it could do over 1000km on a tank... that's one nice motor...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, titipid pa yan after reaching 20K Km mark. in my experience with the dmax 3.0L 4JH1-TC after i have accumulated 20K kms, average ko na yung 12.3 to 13 km/L city driving, under normal driving style (no greater than 2000 rpm mark).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice, that's the same as the Crosswind or better...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Marikina to La Union and back (601 km) in a half tank