New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    holy crap! it's an enthusiasts wet dream come true!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    baka nga nakaw yan nuon. hahaha

swerte naman ng bagong may ari!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    an auto collector's heaven!

okay, a dusty heaven. hehehe! ang swerte nga naman...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ang masasabi ko lang dyan ay

:jawdrop: :faint:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wouldn't u need legal documents to prove that you also own those cars?

i mean the guy just bought the farm and lot. not those cars. baka pwede balikan nang may ari , nakalimutan lang nya may junk shop pala sya sa liblib. har har

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    WOW! ang swerte naman.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    A friend just emailed me this "cars in a barn" story:

A recently retired New York man wanted to use his retirement funds wisely, decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.

The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 years; the owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs.

The estate was being sold to pay back taxes. There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut. No one wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property anyway... so, no one made an offer on the place.

The New York gentleman bought it as is, paying just over half of the property's worth; moved in, and set about to access the barn... curiosity was killing him.

So, he and his wife bought a generator and a couple of grinders... and cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn...?
    And I remembered this Tsikot thread. So I did some research.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/barn-cars.shtml

While the photographs are genuine, the text in the email explaining their origin is untrue. There was no retired New Yorker who came across an incredible, and totally unexpected, windfall when he broke open the welded doors of an old barn on his newly acquired Portuguese property. Instead, there is a more mundane, but much more believable explanation.

Journalist Tom Cotter researched the story and finally identified the photographer as Manuel Menezes Morais. Morais was contracted to take photographs of the cars by their owner. Due to the wishes of the owner, Morais was unable to reveal exact details of the barn's location or the owner's name, but he did give Tom Cotter some general information about the origin of the vehicle collection. In an article about the cars for Sports Car Market Magazine, Tom Cotter notes:
    The owner of the cars was a car dealer in the 1970s and 1980s, and decided to save the more interesting cars that came through his doors. When the barn was full, he padlocked and "soldered" the doors shut. (Perhaps welding was too permanent.)

Web sites varied on the number of cars: 58, 100, and 180 were speculated. According to Morais, there are 180 cars in the barn.
    Cotter's research indicates that the cars are probably located in an area near Lisbon, in Portugal.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Di kaya nakaw mga yan dati?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    to good to be true. only billionaires could own those stuffs. making a car museum would be more fitting, i guess.
    Last edited by valvura; November 5th, 2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Man buys farm, finds vintage cars