New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The same reason we black out the patient's eyes when we use their photos for lectures. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *ogpro -- hehe. if you were referring to the pics above... "censored" lang para di maipaskel sa buong internet yung license plate number nya, hence his identity. i.e. as far as the pics above are concerned, di sya naka-tinted plate...
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 11th, 2007 at 10:20 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    And that would be.... to remain anonymous on the internet?

What purpose would that serve? I would bet he's seen by much more people on the road with his license plate clearly displayed.

I'm not questioning his motives, or saying he is wrong for doing so, I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind it. Anonymity online is a relative thing, unless you are a cyber crimininal (or having cyber wars with other cyber people hehe), I don't see how it can hurt for people to know what your license plate no. is.

As for blacking out a patient's eyes, that is done to protect their privacy right? Because there is an inherently private thing about being hospitalized or having a medical condition. I just don't see the relationship with blacking out a license plate, unless mahiyain yung plaka hehe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    why do you "sound" so irked? 'coz somebody else offered a possible answer, if so, then let's just wait for Yoda to reply. but for the mean time, let me meddle for one last time:
    yes, a lot of people (strangers or not, see) his plate IRL, that's how it's supposed to be.
    it may not hurt (re: "I don't see how it can hurt..."), but maybe he'd like to value whatever privacy he can afford online (thus, blotting out his and that taxi's* plate numbers). one doesn't need to be ashamed (or for any other reason) to blot out one's own plate when posting, right? so he wants to post a car's pic but not all of the details, what's wrong with that? it's his prerogative.
    IMHO, as long as he doesn't have dark tints IRL then he's not doing anything against the law.

[SIZE=1]*assuming the first pic is indeed that of a taxi's[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    why do you "sound" so irked? 'coz somebody else offered a possible answer, if so, then let's just wait for Yoda to reply.
    [SIZE=1]*assuming the first pic is indeed that of a taxi's[/SIZE]
    uhmm....where do you get the part where I was "irked"?

Relax man, I said it all here:

I'm not questioning his motives, or saying he is wrong for doing so, I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind it. "

Not irked at all, just genuinely curious.

This internet thing can really give people the wrong impression eh?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ok, relax everyone.

I value my privacy, especially my family's, that's all there is to it. Call me overly paranoid, but in this day and age where information is power, you can't be too careful sometimes.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Parang alam ko may nagtanong na ng ganito dati e. May isang explanation din na naaalala ko...

Kung i post nila plate number nila pwede na malaman address nila.

Kasi mga tsikoteers makikilala mo lifestyle through posts dito, assuming hindi sila nagpapanggap lang. Hindi lang naman puro tsikoteers nagbabasa dito, marami ding lurkers.

Kung tama ang tanda ko meron pa nga dito na Chinese passport pa ang hawak, e di puntahan sila ng immigration.

Malalaman mo kung sino ang mga may kalokohan dito, mga maaangas. Kung i post nila plate number nila baka ma hunting sila ng mga naka bangga nila.

O sige, itong mga ito siguro nga ay dapat magtago.

Pero halimbawa, malalaman mo kung sino yung mga well off, sino yung mga nakapunta na sa kung saan saan lugar. Pwede ma kidnap sila (well sobrang praning factor na ito hehe)

Or halimbawa ako, nag rant ako tungkol sa kapitbahay ko, tapos yun pala hindi ko alam tsikoteer pala yun. Tapos nakita nya plate number ko, imbes na nag let off lang ako ng steam online e nagkaroon pa ng

Maraming pwedeng reason. Hindi lang kung may kalokohan ka.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Doble ingat din nga pala sa mga cute na Tsikoteers na merong mga pics dito, lalo na sa mga ladies.

Baka dumami mga stalkers ninyo. O siya... OT na.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Boss Alwayz Yummy,

Many thanks for the info...This helps a lot...

Alright.... its Lovelife Euro Tail light....

Cheers!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
"Lovelife"