New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Not convinced at face value. I don't notice any speed differences in terms of filling up my entire tank.

Worth trying just for the Mythbusters aspect though
    There must be some difference. Hindi naman siguro nila lalagyan ng different pressure settings yun kung walang purpose yun..

Hindi ko din po alam kung totoo to.. I second your motion to try it for mythbusters aspect..

my two cents..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This is just a setting for the flow control, if you have a big tank like for trucks or buses that may take awhile to fill up then they would set it up for faster pump setting but there's a danger here just like what happened to me where i set it to full blast to fill my tank full then the pump wasn't able to sense that the tank was already up to its brim it overflowed because of the petrol was flowing fast that the sensor wasn't able to react fast enough to cut it off. There's too minimal of a difference since the flowmeter is the actual instrument that measures the volume of transfer, but since you are filling it up on a low setting, you can prevent any bubbles flowing through the hand pump.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde totoo yan, if the pump is properly calibrated kahit anong settings pa yan parehong amount ilalabas nyan.....

the problem lang sa 3rd settings is mabula so mas maaga mag automatic dahil ma tritrigger na kaagad yun auto shut off, just like pag nagsasaling ka ng softdrinks or beer sa baso aapaw yun sa baso yun drinks dahil doon sa bula, pero hinde pa puno diba?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by S!mpLy~2CooL4U View Post
    There must be some difference. Hindi naman siguro nila lalagyan ng different pressure settings yun kung walang purpose yun..

Hindi ko din po alam kung totoo to.. I second your motion to try it for mythbusters aspect..

my two cents..
    Boss, sayang din, sana nai-post mo ito kahapon. Kagabi lang kasi ako nagpa-fillup eh. Sana nabasa ko ito bago ako nakapagpakarga.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    This is just a setting for the flow control, if you have a big tank like for trucks or buses that may take awhile to fill up then they would set it up for faster pump setting but there's a danger here just like what happened to me where i set it to full blast to fill my tank full then the pump wasn't able to sense that the tank was already up to its brim it overflowed because of the petrol was flowing fast that the sensor wasn't able to react fast enough to cut it off. There's too minimal of a difference since the flowmeter is the actual instrument that measures the volume of transfer, but since you are filling it up on a low setting, you can prevent any bubbles flowing through the hand pump.
    +1

flow switch nga lang yon.no difference or what so ever except for the bubbles due to pressure.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    While it's true that the amount of fuel that passes the meter is the same, isn't it also true that the vapors formed by the high pressure may evaporate faster, thus releasing more gasoline vapor into the atmosphere?

This might be small pero di ba madali mag evaporate (at expand / contract) ang gas? Kaya nga may diperensya ang pagpapa gas sa umaga at sa hapon?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kalokohan po yun... another one nga for myth busters.

pumps are calibrated daily (usually sa umaga)... have it filled up pagbagong calibration lang ang option dun... pero since the question is "how to maximize fuel consumption"... my suggestion is to improve ones driving habit lang ang easiest way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
"Load it up.. UNO lang!"