New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Save the trees of the plastic rainforest! Also save automotive style!

11 78.57%
  • Let's all let the carmakers make our cars look stupid!

3 21.43%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Pwede kayang pamalit sa wood trim ang Hardiflex?
    or pa wood parquet

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    matanong ko lang...baket sa more or less 100 years ng mga kotse eh malimit mag-iinsist ang mga automakers na may wood trim dapat ang oto?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by al_motor
    matanong ko lang...baket sa more or less 100 years ng mga kotse eh malimit mag-iinsist ang mga automakers na may wood trim dapat ang oto?
    same thing as hotel ballrooms compared to other ordinary reception venues

or five star hotel suites compared to ordinary motels

or max fried chicken resto compared to kentucky fast food

mas classy d'ba?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    Hyundai XG

....kulang na lang mga drawer para sa damit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are a lot of things on cars nowadays that don't rightly belong there anymore... the wood trim on doors is thankfully gone, mutated into doorguard mouldings and those ridiculous stickers on the sides of vans and SUVs... but other things still remain...

Like carriage-spoke mags. Aero-cooling mags (with fins designed to pull air past the brakes) are better, but people keep coming back to the good-old carriage spoke design.

Like "waterfall" grilles... or any grille for that matter. Grilles hark back to the time when the radiator was mounted on the front of the car, and traditional design mimics the shape of radiator itself. Modern cars don't need frontal grilles. All the air needed can be taken in through the lower airdam. This makes the car more aerodynamic, too.

But people like them, and they want them on their car. That's why we so often react with distaste every time a manufacturer tries to put a "nose" on the car, or splits the grille, or changes it in some way... we're just too old fashioned.

And the people with money to buy higher end cars are even more old-fashioned than we are... so they buy cars with wood trim... and if there were cars with wooden sides, I guess they'd buy them too... with the styles of lower end cars dictated by the fashion in higher end cars due to the aspirational nature of buyers (in other words, the trying-hards)... all those old fashioned style cues that you see on Bentleys (wood, "waterfall" grilles, etcetera) are mimicked... thus, cheap wood...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and madami nang bawal na kahoy ngayon, kaya dumadami din fake or false-dyed wood...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think some fake wood trims look pretty good... i really hate the ones from the korean manufacturers. it's really butt ugly, i even had one of my cars fake wood trim repainted metallic silver just to cover the really ugly wood trim.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Pwede kayang pamalit sa wood trim ang Hardiflex?

lagyan na rin ng solignum para hindi anayin. pero hardiflex naman pala e. hindi DAW nasusunog yan?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Its Ok For Me To Use Faux Wood In Car. Looks Good To Me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hardiflex!pwedeeee!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Let's make a petition:BOYCOTT ALL CARS WITH BAD FAKE WOOD TRIM!!!