New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Save the trees of the plastic rainforest! Also save automotive style!

11 78.57%
  • Let's all let the carmakers make our cars look stupid!

3 21.43%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Q: What would happen if you have a wooden car with wooden wheels, a wooden chair and a wooden engine? A: It wooden start!!!

Sorry guys I can't resist. :D

Sa ganang akin, basta tastefully done, ok lang kahit fake. "Faux" na lang para magandang pakinggan. Hehe.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ang ayokong fake wood yung nasa Hyundai XG.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    now if we see wood trims on "sporty" models, then dapat ngang batukan yung nagisip nun hehe.
    araykupo!! bigla akong nabatukan dito sa opisina wala namang tao ah...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah may ganyan pala sa sasakyan, mga wood trims (j/k)

IMO, i don't see any beauty in placing wood panels or trims in a car kahit pa genuine wood or faux. sana carbon fiber na lang lahat coupled with brushed aluminum accents and trims hahahahahaha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    no to wood trim in any jap car! hahaha

artpogi's wood trim sa lancer nya is nice.... hehehe, i like it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    as long as the fake wood trim blends well with the color shade of the interior, that will be fine with me, basta wag lang jafake and panget yung quality nung fake wood.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... galing ba ito sa Corolla thread?

For me, as long as it's tasteful, fake wood is okay. The Accord's, I can live with... the Focus 1.8's fake wood is nice... dark and characterful, and a good accent to the beige interior.

Sa Previa... in shock pa rin ako!

Best wood trim I've ever seen? The real wood in my Uncle's XJR. It's dark (near black) curly maple. Very posh. Very nice. Harvested wood, ha... not clearcut black market stuff... hehehe.

But even fake carbon fiber and the new ridiculous obsession with metallic-look plastics (silver) are kind of jarring. My car has fake carbon fiber trim as standard... but at least it's subtle enough not to be irritating. By the way, if you want carbon fiber trim? Concorde is selling real carbon fiber sticker sheets. Very ingenious. It's just a sticker, but it's better than the fake stuff Atoy and other outfitters spray on their fiberglass. Too bad the sheets are too small to cover car hoods. (no... I'm not serious...)

Fake metal trims (my car has that, too) and silvered plastics like on BMW... kind of disappointing touching the silver spokes on a Z4's steering wheel and feeling the plastic... are also kind of blech. The Focus at least has real metal covering the plastic of the steering spokes, but it's still guilty of using silver plastic trim. I hate this stuff. It scuffs very easily.

I like the way Mazda does it with the 6. Black plastic trim. Dark, suave plastics. No fake wood or metal anywhere.
    Last edited by niky; April 25th, 2006 at 12:04 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hyundai XG

oh btw, do you guys prefer shiny wood trims? just asking

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    matte wood finish doesn't appeal to me. our dodge ram van has something similar, and it's just horrible.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    matte or shiny is ok basta not overdone

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Let's make a petition:BOYCOTT ALL CARS WITH BAD FAKE WOOD TRIM!!!