New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Isa to sa mga gusto kong gawin, ang maglibot sa buong Phil. Yong tipong drive ka lang ng drive at magstop-over at makitulog kung saan-saan. Kaya lang, medyo mahirap dahil walang time at isa pa parang naiisip mo na di safe lalo na pag bago ka sa isang lugal. Napakaganda ng Phil compare sa iba, kaya nga lang naron lagi yong doubt sa sarili mo towards sa mga taong makakasalamuha mo.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    langya! ingit ako! gusto ko ding to gawin sometime in the future!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys,

I am so amazed about all the information's & directions how to travel by land connecting each provinces, It is very helpful I print out everything, maybe I can use it later on. I am planning to go home someday & travel all over the Philippines by lands especially Davao Gen San & Kidapawan. I am now living in California but I always wanted to go back there, hopefully you guys can give me more tips about traveling to all those provinces pag makauwi ako.

Take care

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hi yen,

Will be more than glad to be of help to you pagbalik mo dito, post ka lang. Marami tayong kapawa Tsikoteers who can share anything and everything about our InangBayan. Just recently, a closed friend from Canada came back after about 10 yrs there, and was so much happy when I accompanied him. He even asked me to drive him to Bicol since native sya dun dahil di na nya kabisado roads dun. Am still trying to squeeze a tight sked in the ofc para mapagbigyan sya.

Tambay ka lang dito and madami kang info makukuha like updates kahit sa anong bagay or PM me anything.

Just wanna help...
    Last edited by vhenok; March 6th, 2006 at 01:27 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    tagal ko ng gustong gawin to, maikot ang boong pilipinas by land, kaya nga nagkangbibili ako ng 4x4 last 2005 pro di ko magawa sa dami ng trabaho

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naka Gen1 din ako dati (1999) when my wife and I went to Koronadal South Cotabato up to Lake Sebu. Surigao-Davao-GenSan-Koronadal ang route namin. On the way back idler bearing lang naging mechanical problem namin which was fixed at a gas station in Davao City. Next year yan ang plano namin ng DieselClub peeps.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen1 View Post
    leyte to cebu:

the cheapest ferry is via isabel, leyte to danao, cebu. lagi lang puno dahil mura. one trip a day pero balita ko ginawa na yatang twice a day.

you can also try the super shuttle ferry at ormoc. leaves ormoc at 12 midnight arrives cebu at daybreak. medyo mahal lang, mga 2,500 ang gastos.

how about leyte to bohol? what port in leyte has service to bohol?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir may I suggest na if your going to use the quirino route to think it over kasi the quirino highway is undergoing major repairs thats why they closed to heavy vehicles since march.. and although it will save you 2hrs of travel time but the road is treacherous at best because it is heavily damaged nga and it is very remote so anything bad that may happen to you back there it will take a long time before someone comes along to help.. plus marami ring nice people around dun!.. I suggest na take the old highway route going thru sta elena - labo - daet - basud - then sipocot na of Camarines sur.. The roads there are nice and well maintained kasi nga hindi mxadong nagagamit and only busses and light vehicles use it.. plus it is the more scenic route plus the people there are warm and hospitable and safe!! tyaka if you really enjoy driving.. this route can really bring out the spirited driver in you kasi it involves a mountain pass ala Mt. akina thats the sta elena to labo part then flat straight aways from labo going to talisay then to daet and the best part of this is the rolling hills of basud to sipocot.. this is one of the best and most scenic route this side of the luzon and more importantly its safe to you and your vehicle..

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    i still think that if you are goin to kidapawan.. jst take carmen rount from valencia.. its so much closer than goin through davao.. we took that route last december when we traveled to digos city from CDO..from valencia to digos took bout 2 1/2 hours,,, so to kidapawan should only be an hour .the roads are really good. so traveling at 120kph was not a problem. the only hazzards on the roads are the corn that the people dry out on the highways... apart from that its pretty safe.. there are buses every 30 minutes leaving CDO goin to tacurong.. so its not bad as everyone says it is... i just wish that the roads in samar where like the ones in mindanao.. the samar area is the worst part of the travel.. make sure you travel during the day in samar....at least you will be able to see the really bad roads clearly.. hehhe....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by czildjianako View Post
    how about leyte to bohol? what port in leyte has service to bohol?
    RORO> Bato,Leyte to Ubay, Bohol
    Daily, ETD 9AM, Around P1,700 for van/SUV
    3hrs travel
    Ubay-Bato ETD is 1or2PM daily.
    Medallon Shipping
    Info obtained just this week.

Planning to drive from Manila-Bohol this month.
    Your posts guys are VERY helpful. Thanks a lot especially to vhenok
    Will share my story and tips after the long road trip

Do you think my Kia Carnival (excellent condition) will survive the hellish roads in Samar? Contemplating on it instead of my compact SUV 'coz its roomier for my family. Have read in http://www.batch2006.com/visit_samar.htm
    that their sedan can do it. Thanks in advance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Land Trip to Kidapawan, Cotabato