New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    Yup... worked in Chicago too for 6 six years! i know the hassles in getting to work at those temps.
    so i was in heaven when i was assigned in florida!
    but then have to go back to Chicago again...
    now i'm enjoying myself while i can here back to my nativeland...
    question lang, dba naglo-lows diyan sa florida nowadays(saw it at yahoo weather) ng hanggan 3 degrees... wala pa ba yelo diyan pag 3 degerees??

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    question lang, dba naglo-lows diyan sa florida nowadays(saw it at yahoo weather) ng hanggan 3 degrees... wala pa ba yelo diyan pag 3 degerees??
    3C/37F? Nope. The ground will be too warm.

Right now, it's 29F (-1.7C) right here in AZ at 7:30 am. No ice because it's too dry even though it rained for much of yesterday. Beautiful though. All blue skies and not a puff of cloud. It's cold enough though to trip some car alarms. I hear one right now.

Clear skies tend to bring cooler temps because the land heat would radiate out into space and the atmosphere overnight. Low clouds would act like insulation and keep heat in.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 22nd, 2007 at 11:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    tsk, tsk, tsk, ganun rin dito ngayon sa north of the Baltic sea in Oulo, boundary of sweden and finland..
    get stucked in ice waiting for the assistance of ice breaker "Oden"....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Nice car red_wagen.... Haven't experienced that kind of weather though.

The coldest one I got to 'savor' is something similar to what JAP has described earlier.... Although, I needed to scrape the snow on the windshield in the morning....

Nice ride srbogoy! Whew!

4909:coffee:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by srbogoy View Post
    tsk, tsk, tsk, ganun rin dito ngayon sa north of the Baltic sea in Oulo, boundary of sweden and finland..
    Come summertime here when temps are 120F, I'll be wishing I was there. You could make a lot of snocones over there.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hehe. Hirap mag maintain ng tsikot pag winter ... buti na din wala akong sasakyan nung nasa NY ako ... bus lang solve na.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    how does the car's finish look after freezing like that? do markings or "maps" remain even after the ice has melted away?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by momoyster View Post
    how does the car's finish look after freezing like that? do markings or "maps" remain even after the ice has melted away?
    it takes a while before the ice melts and after it melts..you have to consider the fact that youll be driving in a cold weather and tons of snow/ice melting on the street so the roads will stay wet for days.
    ice,snow and salt will be on your cara and it wont look nice at all but a good car wash will get all of that off.
    better if you winterize your car first before the snow hits so itll be faster and better for the paint as the salt and grime will wash off faster and better.
    on an average winter..i normally run my SUV to the carwash 3times a week.i just dont like the salt drying on my paintjob.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    oh i see. always went to the u.s. pag spring time kasi. nakakaawa yung finish nung auto sa ice pa lang. salt pa! ouch!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by srbogoy View Post
    I hope the "Oden" got to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Nice car red_wagen.... Haven't experienced that kind of weather though.

The coldest one I got to 'savor' is something similar to what JAP has described earlier.... Although, I needed to scrape the snow on the windshield in the morning....

Nice ride srbogoy! Whew!

Thanks. Nag melt na yung snow for the most part and it's actually "warm" here right now the last few days (~8*C) It's a heck of a lot colder for the people in upstate NY, Chicago, Mid West area and of course, north of the border. Marami pala tayong kababayan sa Winnepeg. Talk about cold

Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    hehe. Hirap mag maintain ng tsikot pag winter ... buti na din wala akong sasakyan nung nasa NY ako ... bus lang solve na.
    Believe me kung mayroon lang public transport dito I would take it. But I'd still get a bimmer :naughty2:

Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    it takes a while before the ice melts and after it melts..you have to consider the fact that youll be driving in a cold weather and tons of snow/ice melting on the street so the roads will stay wet for days.
    ice,snow and salt will be on your cara and it wont look nice at all but a good car wash will get all of that off.
    better if you winterize your car first before the snow hits so itll be faster and better for the paint as the salt and grime will wash off faster and better.
    on an average winter..i normally run my SUV to the carwash 3times a week.i just dont like the salt drying on my paintjob.

Where are you located?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Lamig dito ngayon...