New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    No point of comparison. Ibang sitwasyon di ba yan? Sa iyo nangyari yan. E yun nakita ko sa coastal iba ang sitwasyon.

P.S. iba rin yung nakita ng barkada ko, ang Sta Fe ang bumangga sa L200. Katulad ng picture na pinakita mo warak din ang harapan ng SanTa Fe. Mas warak pa dyan sa crosswind na example mo. Kaya wag ka masyadong panata sa hyundai na yan.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    jpdm: ano ba sasakyan mo?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    jpdm: ano ba sasakyan mo?
    Bakit sir?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    all cars whether korean, japan, or us if you are involved in an accident wherein your front is what hits the rear of another vehicle your front will always look like that crosswind or even worse thats part of the safety feature of the vehicle... thats what is called the crumple zone its supposed to absorb the impact so that you the driver and the passengers will not feel the full effect of the impact...

if your vehicle is involved in an accident wherein your front hits the rear of another vehicle and nothing happens to your front end... sell your car its is not safe... all the force of the impact is felt by the driver and passenger because it is not absorbed by the vehicle...

an analogy is your shock absobers... imagine if your car did not have any shock absorbers or if your shocks are busted... have you ever ridden in a car that has busted shock absorbers? did you like how it rode? i would say no, because you feel all the bumps and imperfections of the road because there is nothing to absorb the force of all the bumps...

if your front end get busted really bad that does not mean that the quality of your car is poor it means that your car is safe... quality is determined by how often you bring your car to the casa or mechanic for repairs and complaints... quality is determined by how much you enjoy driving your vehicle...

i have owned a toyota, mitsubishi, honda, and now a hyundai. all i can say is that the build quality of the hyundai is good...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    all cars whether korean, japan, or us if you are involved in an accident wherein your front is what hits the rear of another vehicle your front will always look like that crosswind or even worse thats part of the safety feature of the vehicle... thats what is called the crumple zone its supposed to absorb the impact so that you the driver and the passengers will not feel the full effect of the impact...

if your vehicle is involved in an accident wherein your front hits the rear of another vehicle and nothing happens to your front end... sell your car its is not safe... all the force of the impact is felt by the driver and passenger because it is not absorbed by the vehicle.....
    teka bro.. kung ganun eh hindi well engineered yung concept na yun magastus eh.. di gaya nga ng shock absorber na di nasisira sa minsanang impact lang - designed to absorb shock ika nga... palagay ko yung crumpled-crumpled zone na sinasabi nila eh pang ligaw lang yan para embes na negative eh maging positive pa ang kakalabasan. kung design para mag absorb ng impact yan dapat hawig sa shock absorber yan.

teka.. teka... idea..idea yan ah.. mga peeps pag may lumabas na ganung front end in the future tandaan nyo nabasa nyo na yan dito sa tsikot.. hehehehe. (design: syempre may spring, then telescopic, either fluid or neumatic... etc..)

naalaala ko tuloy yun idea tungkol sa pusporo sa england. yumaman yun for just a very simple idea.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    teka bro.. kung ganun eh hindi well engineered yung concept na yun magastus eh.. di gaya nga ng shock absorber na di nasisira sa minsanang impact lang - designed to absorb shock ika nga... palagay ko yung crumpled-crumpled zone na sinasabi nila eh pang ligaw lang yan para embes na negative eh maging positive pa ang kakalabasan. kung design para mag absorb ng impact yan dapat hawig sa shock absorber yan.

teka.. teka... idea..idea yan ah.. mga peeps pag may lumabas na ganung front end in the future tandaan nyo nabasa nyo na yan dito sa tsikot.. hehehehe. (design: syempre may spring, then telescopic, either fluid or neumatic... etc..)

naalaala ko tuloy yun idea tungkol sa pusporo sa england. yumaman yun for just a very simple idea.
    I'm not sure about the Isuzu Hi-Lander Crosswind, but modern vehicles are designed to have crumple zones that lessen the impact on the passengers, the passenger cell should not be deformed, only the crumple zone.
    For the Good example....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tmE6sDsHQ"]YouTube - Crash Test of 2007 Volvo XC90 w/sab[/ame]
    off-set crash
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYf1_AsPxvY"]YouTube - Crash Test EuroNCAP Volvo XC90 D5 (2003)[/ame]

and now the bad examples...
    The Isuzu Rodeo SUV...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DLAWPhGB2w"]YouTube - 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, 40 MPH into barrier[/ame]

About flat fronted vans like the Hiace... forget about the airbag... it looks like the legs are part of the crumple zone...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JIFmy355QA"]YouTube - Toyota Hiace Crash Test Footage[/ame]
    Last edited by AG4; November 6th, 2007 at 08:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Koreans gives us too many extras plus the 5 Years warranty of Hyundai.

--------------------
    "It's not fun to own a LEMON"

Think twice before you buy a HYUNDAI.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have Starex 1999 and i should say its still great. Baguio is a breeze. Galing din kasi mag maintaine erpats ko. Altough marami nang parts ang pinalitan especailly yung airconditioning parts nya 2x na.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is a good thread, if only to enlighten others about the built and quality of Korean vehicles...

I'm deadset in buying a Kia Carens very very soon, then my boss goes and tells me, "You can never go wrong with an Innova." He goes on to say that Korean vehicles tend to deteriorate faster than Japanese vehicles, with respect to their suspension and all. I respect my boss and all but it really just felt like he wasn't as informed about Korean cars as he set himself to be.

But, his statement did some damage. For a few seconds, I doubted my decision to get a Carens. I'm still set on getting the Carens but now, there's a really small voice nagging at me at the back of my head.

What do you guys think?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    This is a good thread, if only to enlighten others about the built and quality of Korean vehicles...

I'm deadset in buying a Kia Carens very very soon, then my boss goes and tells me, "You can never go wrong with an Innova." What do you guys think?
    Some people with Innova will beg to differ on your boss statement...especially those owner's that have the D4D problem. Ask him this, has he owned one? maybe he was still referring to past Korean vehicles, like the pride, pregio, etc.

For me, they have improved drastically...i dont hear much nowadays on their diesel technology and overall quality.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Is korean car really getting much attention nowadays.. why?.