New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    This is a good thread, if only to enlighten others about the built and quality of Korean vehicles...

I'm deadset in buying a Kia Carens very very soon, then my boss goes and tells me, "You can never go wrong with an Innova." He goes on to say that Korean vehicles tend to deteriorate faster than Japanese vehicles, with respect to their suspension and all. I respect my boss and all but it really just felt like he wasn't as informed about Korean cars as he set himself to be.

But, his statement did some damage. For a few seconds, I doubted my decision to get a Carens. I'm still set on getting the Carens but now, there's a really small voice nagging at me at the back of my head.

What do you guys think?
    you can go wrong with a toyota, the D4D problem, daming naperwisyo niyan sa mga may innova yun iba pa ngang nabasa ko dito sa tsikot sa fortuner pa eh.

sa tingin ko the quality of korean cars improve a lot. we had the 1st gen starex for 7 years, hindi kami binigyan ng problema palit lang ng ibang parts because of wear and tear. ngayon nakikita ko pa yun starex namin gamit gamit parin mukang wala pang balak magretire. right now we have a 6 month old SF, 10200+ mileage, so far wala pa din problema.

nakagamit na kasi kami ng korean car kaya hindi na kami takot bumili o gumamit nito. yun mga taong duda parin sa korean quality sa tingin ko eh hindi pa nagkaroon ng korean car. pero iba iba parin tayo ng opinion

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the quick and reassuring replies, bros av8or5 and c cube! Your words have eased my doubts and I'm back to really wanting my Carens!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Toyota suspensions?

There was already a recall regarding the rear axle of the Toyota Innova, and there are issues with the Fortuner's brakes (simply put, heavy car, small brakes, quick wear on high speed use, like the older Ford Expeditions)... and soft shock absorbers are a know weak point on the Toyota Corolla, and one board member busted his brand new Camry's shocks within a year of putting lowering springs on it (in fact, someone has suggested that one issue with Toyota's handling is that they source their shocks from the wrong place)...

Yes, Toyotas have great engines, and their suspension bushings are good (which is why they don't sound as noisy over time as some other cars), but they don't have the best suspensions in the world.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    you can go wrong with a toyota, the D4D problem, daming naperwisyo niyan sa mga may innova yun iba pa ngang nabasa ko dito sa tsikot sa fortuner pa eh.

sa tingin ko the quality of korean cars improve a lot. we had the 1st gen starex for 7 years, hindi kami binigyan ng problema palit lang ng ibang parts because of wear and tear. ngayon nakikita ko pa yun starex namin gamit gamit parin mukang wala pang balak magretire. right now we have a 6 month old SF, 10200+ mileage, so far wala pa din problema.

nakagamit na kasi kami ng korean car kaya hindi na kami takot bumili o gumamit nito. yun mga taong duda parin sa korean quality sa tingin ko eh hindi pa nagkaroon ng korean car. pero iba iba parin tayo ng opinion

well, it depends pa din on how you keep and maintain your cars..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sorry double post.
    Last edited by Camgen6; March 8th, 2008 at 01:56 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Is it the D4D engine itself? or is it the dirty diesel fuel that's being sold?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Sorry pero di ako agree dito... D4D problems are cause by dirty diesel here in our country. Walang problema sa engine nila. went to different countries pero wala naman silang problema sa d4d na iyan...

Starex? 7 years? no problem? Depende iyan sa pag maintain mo. Buy and sell ako ng sasakyan before. bago ko i-benta ginagamit ko muna. Unfortunately, may nasisira kagad sa mga Starex na nabenta ko. Isa na dun yung aircon. I had to replace it with a new evaporator tapos halos palugi ko pa siya na-ibenta. I'm sell 5 year old and below models.

Well this is just my exerience and I just want to share...

May improvement naman ang korean vehicles pero malayo pa talaga sila sa mga JAPAN MADE.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    False. May D-4D problem din sa Europe where Diesel is cleanest.

Tsaka kung Diesel ang problema dito, di sana pati BMW, MB, Audi, Volvo nagc-choke din.

Elementary Mathematics lang yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    False. May D-4D problem din sa Europe where Diesel is cleanest.

Tsaka kung Diesel ang problema dito, di sana pati BMW, MB, Audi, Volvo nagc-choke din.

Elementary Mathematics lang yan.
    Sir Math Guru, pasyensya na at mahina ako sa math.
    Hindi pa ako nakakapunta sa Europe kaya hindi ako aware dun. Simple Reading and Mathematics lang iyan dude!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I remember one of Kia's logo ads saying something like "we are not the best, but we sure are getting better" or something like that. Yes, I believe it to be true. Just a decade has passed when they introduced the kia pride over here then you can see the vast improvements in design, quality and overall packaging.

The Hyundai Elantra won best small sedan of 2007 in one of the Yahoo News of Top 10 best vehicles. It bested the civic, corolla and others in their league. Mid sived suv goes to the Santa Fe.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...picks-2007.htm

Korean vehicles also popularized the use of diesel vehicles in the majority of their fleet like the new Hyundai Elantra, Getz, Matrix, Accent and Kia's Carens. Nice price, adequate power and enormous torque that could shame a 2.0 or even a 2.4L gas engine.

Kudos to the Korean manufacturers like Kia and Hyundai for being back in the game and actually winning a lot of loyal fans. Now, that's a big feat considering back in the 90's we were swarmed only by Japanese and Euro cars.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Is korean car really getting much attention nowadays.. why?.