New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post
    HUWAT ??? EVO and SUBBIES not for drifting ?? you must be kidding me.. mas ok nga pang drift yan kasi AWD ...

If you know the EMPEROR team in initial D then you will know
    uuummm... pare first AWD are not known for drifting, they are poor drifters unless converted like the ones you see on the movie Tokyo drift with their evo. I think you also posted a same sentiment that evos can drift on the thread "whats the next car to gain Godzilla like stature ala Nissan's GTR". You must not base your facts on cartoons. As a matter of fact I think there are NO popular EVO drift car yet to race on any D1 or Formula D event.

Always remember that AWD cars are made for GRIP not DRIFT. But ofcourse there are exceptions like the popular Signal R34 GT-R that is a track and a drift competitor, like they said the GT-R is a rear wheel drive with just a pull of a fuse.

Note: although the GT-R is not a totally AWD like the EVO and Subbie, it's an "automatic" all wheel drive. GTRs are natural RWDs, but when the rear side starts to slip, then you just push the gas pedal, the computer moves torque to front wheels too and d car goes where the front wheels are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by adventure View Post
    may tanong lang po ako sa tokyo drift tungkoldun sa mustang na ginamit nung bida sa huli nung nilabanan niya si DK diba yung makina po doon ang kinabit nila ay yung pang skyline RB20 tama po ba??
    its the legendary RB26DETT pare. See the thread bet. cefiro A31 and Galant GTi car comparison, may pic dun!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    and as I saw the trailer, I think this movie is about underground street racing and not too much on drifting..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    HUWAT ??? EVO and SUBBIES not for drifting ?? you must be kidding me.. mas ok nga pang drift yan kasi AWD ...

uhmm.. anime physics is not a pretty good reference. anyway, if you watch the episodes where Takumi races against the Emperor team you'll see that the Evos there dont drift too much, which is understable because AWD was designed to increase traction after all.

Now if you're talking about WRC cars, then that's another matter altogether. but even then, you dont see Seb or Tommi swinging their cars wildly because that will scrub off momentum and a few precious seconds off their pace.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    COOLNESS... I like the ***y 300Z of the four cars. Hope this movie will be shown here. Too bad the GT-R was scratched in the cast because of a supposed to be weaker boss (RX-7 FD) though, my sentiments goes with the Japanese fans who expected the thier legendary supercar.

ummm... dude, this movie is about street racing and evos and AWD cars can't drift unless converted to RWD, and that's A FACT. I don't recall nga any popular professional drift evo yet eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CG or not i will look for it on the web hehehe. yeah jdm nerd at work. w00t. ive read this through option and immediately looked for it. *waits for DVD relase*

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

well in order to actually make them slide is to turn to convert them into RWD as they have nice traction due to the 4wd layout.

them tokyo drift evos had their 4wd modified to Rwd (c/o of Rhys Millen) to actually drift the way you see it.

Initial D is more of touge runs less of drifting.

well yeah boo to not having Evos and Scoobies.

what no 86?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FerioEG9Boi View Post
    well in order to actually make them slide is to turn to convert them into RWD as they have nice traction due to the 4wd layout.

them tokyo drift evos had their 4wd modified to Rwd (c/o of Rhys Millen) to actually drift the way you see it.

Initial D is more of touge runs less of drifting.

well yeah boo to not having Evos and Scoobies.

what no 86?
    he he... ok lang bro for me not to have a Hachi... it's over exposed in Initial D anyways. The car selection is all part of the theme the directors and movie makers want... as what bro dhel had said. I bet Japanese fans did curse them for cancelling the supposed to be Skyline in the movie just bec. the chosen boss-car couldn't hang with it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hey, a pinoy U.S troop friend is gonna send me a dvd soon! he he can't wait!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    OT. if you want to drift a 4wd, try drifting in snow or anything slippery

or as an alternative, tune your brakes to be front biased and you suspension to have more body roll. then when nearing an apex do a feint drift!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Japan's Version of The Fast n' The Furious- Speed Master Movie